Question about RCA TruFlat 27F520T 27" TV

1 Answer


Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 4,234 Answers

This can be as simple as poor solder connections at the vertical Ic to a defective IC. The parts cost for this is usually around $25. There are capacitors in the vertical circuit that should also be checked and/or replaced.


Posted on Aug 25, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Cause of vertical collapse on glendale tv chassis

collapse means just a white line left to right in middle of screen--usually a bad solder connection at the vertical output chip or a bad part in that area.

Nov 07, 2012 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Vertical collapse on glendale chassis

collapse means just a white line left to right in middle of screen--usually a bad solder connection at the vertical output chip or a bad part in that area.

Nov 07, 2012 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

At first it had no heaters, which i fixed. now it has a vertical line (vertical collapse

you did not mention what type of television but from your complaint i am assuming its a Crt or Crt rear projection, In which case check the vertical IC for deftects and replace also check the capacitors in the vertical section of the deflection board, next check to make sure the vertical IC has B+ going to it, this voltage is usually taped from the Flyback transformer.

May 22, 2011 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Panasonic 25'' 4:3 CRT Vertical collapse.

Change the vertical IC they are damaged

Jul 02, 2009 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Vertical amplifier?

Your right, it's called "Vertical Collapse", it's caused by the vertical output IC, which may be dry jointed or failed, try applying new solder to it if you can, if that does not work, you will need to replace the IC. A simple test to test for dry joints (where the solder is cracking and not causing proper connection from the pins to the board). If you give the unit a bit of a hit you may see the picture return to normal... don't do this too often as you can make more damage.

May 05, 2009 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

What would cause a straight line threw tho middle of my tv monitor. I have a zenith model number z27h96r8.

If this is a straight white line you may have a vertical collapse. You need to either solder bad connections at Vertical IC or change the vertical IC

Apr 23, 2009 | Zenith Z27H96R 27" TV

1 Answer

Intermittent collapse or rolling of TV picture

Look for dry joints very carefully in the vertical circuitry, IC and the power supply

Apr 07, 2009 | Televison & Video

2 Answers

Vertical Collapse

genrally vertical collapse indicates failure of virtical ic. or related components

Jan 03, 2008 | Toshiba TP50H50 50" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Mitsubishis TV Problem

have a Mitsubishi TV 1993. Model CS-35301. The problem is that there is a white line that is running through a blank screen. The sound is fine just no picture. Have you heard of "Vertical Collapse?" I would love to save the TV. Hi nothing to worry just minimise brightness to avoid screen burn. "Vertical Collapse?" means one bright hor.line in the middle of screen. this problem can be solved 1 check vertical yoke connector or wire loose 2 check supply to vertical section which normally comes from EHT transformer check components in vertical section or print loose regards thanks

Sep 10, 2007 | Televison & Video

Not finding what you are looking for?
RCA TruFlat  27F520T 27" TV Logo

Related Topics:

59 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75581 Answers


Level 3 Expert

905 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1229 Answers

Are you a RCA Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides