Question about Computers & Internet
This might be a sign of a faulty LCD cable or screen inverter board.
The LCD cable transfers data signal from the motherboard & video card to the LCD screen. It also supplies high voltage DC power to the screen inverter board. The screen inverter board works as a power supply for the backlight lamp mounted inside the LCD screen. It converts low voltage DC power to high voltage AC power needed for the backlight lamp.
Posted on Aug 25, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 24, 2013 | Dell Latitude E6400 Notebook
1. Video card failure.
2. Bad connection between video cable and LCD screen.
3. Bad LCD screen.
4. Faulty video cable.
Possible troubleshooting steps and repair solution:
1. First of all, test the laptop video output on the external monitor. If you see same flashing lines running through the image on the external monitor, you have a problem with the video card. If flashing lines appear only on the laptop screen, the failure is not related to the video card.
2. Just in case, try re-seating the video cable connectors on the motherboard/video card and maybe the back of the LCD screen. It' s not likely but possible that connection is loose and reconnecting the cable will fix the flashing lines.
3. If re-seating the cable connectors doesn't help, most likely you have a faulty LCD screen. The LCD screen has to be replaced.
4. If replacing the screen doesn't help, try replacing the video cable. It's very unlikely that this problem is related to the video cable but there is a slight possibility of that.
Oct 26, 2012 | Computers & Internet
May 03, 2012 | HP Pavilion dv4000 Notebook
Apr 13, 2012 | Toshiba satellite c660
Feb 12, 2012 | Dell Inspiron Computers & Internet
Jul 04, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Dec 10, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv1000 Notebook
Feb 01, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 11, 2009 | Acer TravelMate 4010 Notebook
Jan 01, 2008 | Dell E171FPb 17" TFT LCD Flat Panel...
24 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: