Question about Heating & Cooling
Check to make sure your pilot orfice is not clogged it will be located at the end of the small tube coming from your gas control valve if its not then while you are trying to light the pilot tap the side of the gas valve (sometims somewhat hard) if it then lights you know you have a bad gas valve
Posted on Aug 26, 2010
I had a similar problem, here's how I fixed it.
1. Shut off gas.
2. Use 7/16 wrench and unscrew pilot gas line from BOTTOM (beneath the unit). Pull it down so you can see top.
3. Turn gas back on and push in pilot button.. does gas come out? If so, then you're pilot is plugged with dust or spider eggs or something. Continue steps below.. if not, then probably valve problem, get a new valve.
4. Shut off gas.
5. Remove logs. and the rear left support plate to access pilot unit screws
6. Take out pilot unit screws so you can access the pilot stack with your 7/16 wrench. (lift pilot unit slightly for this)
7. Remove the pilot stack.
8. Clean all passage ways. Blow out pilot stack, use a toothpick or paperclip to make sure it is all cleaned out... Make sure the thru hole down below is cleared, and clean and blow out the little cylindrical flow adapter piece.
9. Put it all back together.. Put adapter into place, screw down pilot stack, screw back in pilot unit, screw back in rear support, put logs back into place, push gas line back up into pilot, tighten pilot gas line back into bottom, put glass back on.
10. Light pilot as usual and it might work now.
Posted on Jan 08, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 09, 2013 | Grilling
Jan 25, 2013 | Kitchen Ranges
Jan 25, 2013 | Grilling
Mar 28, 2017 | Grilling
Oct 17, 2011 | Grilling
Feb 15, 2011 | Heating & Cooling
Jan 28, 2011 | Stoves Heating & Cooling
Sep 22, 2010 | Stoves Heating & Cooling
Apr 06, 2009 | Vermont Casting VCS4017 (NG)
Dec 22, 2008 | Heating & Cooling
739 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!