I forgot my password, where do I go for assistance so they can email me my password
Resetting the System Password
If you forget your password and still cannot remember it after seeing your hint, click the I still can't remember the password link.
The Reset System Password page opens.
To obtain access to your system:
1. In the System Key field enter the 10-digit system key located on the bottom of your gateway.
2. In the Enter New Password field, enter a new system password. In the Confirm New Password field, reenter the system password.
3. In the Enter Your Hint field, enter an appropriate hint as described under "Setting a System Password" .
4. Click Submit.
Setting a System Password
Setting a system password protects your gateway settings from being modified or changed by someone who has not been given permission to do so. After setting a system password, you will be required to enter it whenever you attempt to access a gateway configuration page - for example, if you try to change the gateway's broadband connection settings or upgrade the gateway software. If a password has not been set,
a reminder notice is displayed when you attempt to access pages where settings can be changed.
To set your system password:
• Open a Web browser and access the gateway user interface by entering
• Click the System tab.
• Click the System Password link in the System area of the Network at a Glance panel to open the Edit
System Password page.
1. In the Settings panel, click the Enable checkbox.
2. In the Enter New Password field, enter your password.
3. In the Confirm New Password field, re-enter your password.
4. Optional: In the Enter Your Hint field, enter a hint.
A hint is a word, phrase, or question that reminds you what the password is. There is an I forgot the password link on the password entry page. When you click this link, it shows you your hint and allows you to enter your password.
5. Click SAVE.
Aug 05, 2013 |
2wire (2701HG-B) Wireless Router