Question about Washing Machines
OK, I posted before that the usual and then litre of water to reset. But after a couple of hours the clean pump light went back on.
So decided to open the unit up and now know what to do. Not any big job, I promise. Here is step by step:
1) Turn off the water valve going to the machine
2) Unplug it from the wall
3) Make sure you leave the water to cool down for a while if stil hot.
4) Once you are sure of above is done, move the machine to some where where you will be able to tip it forward to its front face down and the water can drain out without making your kitchen into a swamp!
5) Open the filter to let the water out
6) Now lay it onto the ground face down (maybe use old pilows to spare any possible damage under it)
7) When you look in the base, it will have a black rubber tube going from the base of the wash drum to the filter. It is held on by metal fixing clasps.
8) Take the one off at the drum by squeezing it with either your fingers or gently by a large pliers.
9) Once removed there will be a ping pong ball in the rubber tube, leave it and clear everything else.
10) Clear the hole from the drum of any blockage.
11) Check the tube to make sure it flows clear by pouring water through it and seeing if it runs out of filter (as it should still be open from earlier).
12) If not do the same clearance to the filter end of the rubber tube.
13) BE SURE AND REATTACH THIS RUBBER TUBE FIRMLY AND CAREFULLY. AS IF YOU DONT WATER WILL GO EVERYWHERE.
14) Put the machine up right back into position reattaching the water pipe (and turning water back on) and drain pipe.
15) Pour liter or so of water into the washing powder opening and plug in once you are sure all pipes are correctly back.
16) Now try it and it should be ok. If not you will need a technician.
Posted on Apr 02, 2009
Irish Wolf - you rule. Those steps 1-16 worked perfectly and probably saved me a packet of cash. Turns out there was a childs sock completely blocking the hole at the base of the drum. That's a month of hemming and hawing with Whirlpool customer service resolved!
Posted on Aug 13, 2009
How do i clean pump on my whirlpool A+A 5KG/1200
Posted on May 30, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 07, 2016 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Dec 03, 2014 | Haier HLP21E Top Load Washer
Apr 30, 2014 | Washing Machines
Apr 15, 2013 | Washing Machines
Jan 20, 2011 | Fisher and Paykel Washing Machines
Dec 12, 2010 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Feb 22, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jan 05, 2010 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Sep 11, 2009 | Washing Machines
Aug 13, 2009 | Frigidaire ATF6000ES Front Load Washer
644 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: