Question about Computers & Internet
Try this troubleshooting steps. Something to check before you get started with the steps. Make sure you are directly plugged in to the first port on your router (with your computer in 1st port) and modem connection or dsl in the one furthest to left. Go to Start>Run>CMD>ipconfig
Make sure your Local IP is 192.168.1.100 and default gateway of 192.168.1.1, if not then I am not sure these steps would apply to you as well.
Make sure you have done:
Factory Default file from USB to receiver
Sys Clean file from USB to receiver
Hard reboot (back switch)
Load 206 Bin (for elite receivers only This is June 30th fix)(if your receiver is 360p-June 30th Fix or 8000hd-June 30th Fix is the correct fix file for those receivers with this step)
Hard reboot (back switch)
1. Connect iHub to receiver
2. Leave Power on, on the receiver, but turn power off from the front panel (so that the time is displayed)
3. Connect ethernet cord to iHub, then directly in to ethernet port on computer, this part is where it is tricky and you might have to wait until you see "limited or no connectivity"
4. Open up the WIZ program, click search until it displays the fields with some sort of info. Once it does, your in luck! Now you need to skip around a little for this next step.
4 1/2. Make sure Static is checked, you should now see the fields able to change settings. Make your settings match below settings.
Local IP: 192.168.1.101 Port: 1920
Operation Mode: Mixed
Make sure USE DNS is checked!!!
DNS SERVER IP: 220.127.116.11
Domain Name: WWW.SVFTAIKS.COM
Now click on Setting, if it gives you an error after clicking, click setting again until it takes. Once it does, close the WIZ program and follow on to next step.
5. Now that you can see the iHub current info and the settings, now what you want to do is check on the back of your router, this part is crucial... Make absolute certain that your PC is plugged in to the first outgoing port on the router. And now unplug iHub from back of computer, plug it in to the 2nd outgoing port on the router (the ip that the router assigns to this port should be 192.168.1.101 by default.)
6. Open up WIZ program again, and click on Search until it finds your iHub, notice that the settings should read what I typed above? If it does then continue on, if not, then go back and retry until it does!! So now that it says the settings that we want it too, we still see the v82.0 right? Lets get rid of that now.
7. Go to Start>Run>CMD>ipconfig
Now type: ping 192.168.1.101 (if you get a series of replies, we will be able to load 1.4 with no problems at all!) Thats right, you can click thanks!!
8. Now bring the WIZ program back up, and I want you to click on Upload tab, you should be able to at this point, make sure you have extracted the 1.4 bin to your desktop. and then choose that file. You should instantly notice it start uploading with little bars with pretty much no hanging at all.
9. Once it says Completed, close WIZ, then reopen it, notice a new version?
10. Thats it, that should fix the problem
Additional steps to load bin 209 (for elite users only)This is July 11th fix for all 3 receivers(latest fix). You should see Network device connect! after rebooting receiver with iHub plugged in.
Then just put bin 209 on USB stick, upload, reboot, and you should be good to setup all your settings as before - Also, you will now be able to see your IP Config menu again and able to change settings at will.
Posted on Aug 24, 2010
Not sure if this will help, but I ran across this web page, and it might be of help to you:
It sure sounds like a software problem to me, as you've thought, and I'm wondering if the wiz isn't that much of a wiz. I guess it could also be some glitch in the operating system, not sure. I would contact support and see if they have heard of this problem.
Couldn't find any net forums related to this problem.
Good luck, and hope this helps.
Posted on Aug 25, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 26, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Oct 19, 2012 | Linksys SPA941 IP Phone
Feb 15, 2011 | AudioCodes MediaPack MP-114 FXS
Oct 23, 2010 | Polycom SoundPoint 330 IP Phone
Aug 23, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Mar 04, 2009 | Avaya 5610 IP Phone
Dec 13, 2008 | Zyxel ZyAIR G-4100 Wireless Router...
Nov 20, 2008 | Quintum Tenor A800 (501-0026-00)
Apr 29, 2008 | Computers & Internet
204 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!