Question about Proform Exercise & Fitness
Follow the directions below to determine what is slipping. You also can get a copy of your manual by going to iconservice.com and downloading one from the manuals tab. Here are the directions for testing the slipping problem.
* take nail polish or paint and place a mark starting on the front roller pulley and going onto the front roller metal shaft
* then try to walk on it and see if the white mark separates
* if it does then the roller is bad and would need replaced or tap screws placed through the pulley into the metal shaft to hold it in place
* if it doesn't separate then the drive belt is slipping and most likely will need replaced, although you could try spraying belt dressing on it to see if that would be a temporary fix.
* if neither of these is your problem and the walk belt is slipping then you will need to try to adjust the screws in the back of the treadmill through the end caps. these are allen wrench screws.
Tighten each one the same amount such as 1 full turn to start with.
see if you can now walk without it slipping.
If not then tighten 1-2 more turn on both sides.
If after 2-3 full turns it is not tight enough
I would recommend replacing the walk belt.
Hopefully this helps with your problem!
Posted on Aug 25, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 25, 2016 | Bowflex Exercise & Fitness
Mar 21, 2012 | Exercise & Fitness
Feb 13, 2012 | Exercise & Fitness
Dec 22, 2011 | Ironman 220t Programmable Treadmill (225...
Aug 20, 2011 | Exercise & Fitness
Apr 27, 2011 | Sport & Outdoor - Others
Jan 28, 2010 | Exercise & Fitness
Jan 02, 2010 | RTO Lifestyler 8.0 MPH Treadmill Walking...
Feb 28, 2009 | Reebok Exercise & Fitness
Jul 04, 2017 | Proform Exercise & Fitness
125 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: