To update your magellan roadmate is very simple. But take note, there are two (2) types of updates:
- Software update, which are free.
- Maps update, but you have to purchase them.
Either ways you will get both updates from the support link from th magellan website.
For software update:
- first go to the website, www.magellangps.com,
- Place the cursor on the support link and a list will pop out,
- From the list select manuals and softwares,
- Select the manuals and software link that is on the page,
- You select the vehicle navigation form the list,
- Once you select the type some other pages come up then you select the road mate,
- Once you select the road mate, a list comes up, then you select the road mate 1412,
- Then the download link will pop up, then you click on the link to download it.
- Once you download it, connect your gps to the computer, then you update it from there.
Sometimes, the moment you have the magellan roadmate software on your computer, as soon as there is a latest update, it will notify you to download it for your gps update.
To update a map,
- You purchase the maps once they are available from magellan website,
- go to the website as stated above,
- place the cursor on the maps ans a list will come out,
- Select either vehicle navigation maps or outdoor maps depending on what you want to update,
- Then you select the product type and the product model
- A page will pop up with the latest map for you to download.
- Then you add to cart.
That way your maps will be updated.
I hope this information helped.