Question about Maytag Bravos 3.8 Cu. Ft. Washer
Thanks for using FixYa and I am sorry to hear whatever happened. Error F 51 flashes when there is a motor rotor position sensor (RPS) failure. Please follow the step by step instructions to resolve this issue: This test checks the wiring to the motor and rotor position sensor; and the motor and rotor position sensor themselves. NOTE: Drain water from tub.
1. See Activation of Manual Diagnostic Test Mode, and check the motor and electrical connections by performing the Agitate and Spin tests under Manual: Motor. The following steps assumes that this step failed.
2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
3. Check to see if basket will turn freely. If basket turns freely, go to step 4. If basket does not turn freely, determine what is causing the mechanical friction or lock up.
4. Remove the console to access the machine/ motor control assembly.
5. Visually check that the P5 and P10 connectors are inserted all the way into the machine/motor control. If visual checks pass, go to step 6. If visual checks fail, reconnect P5 and P10 and repeat step 1.
6. With an ohmmeter, check for 16 ohms resistance at the P5 connector between pins P5-1 and P5-2, and also between pins P5-1 and P5-3. Also measure the resistance at the P10 connector between pins P10-1 and P10-7 and verify that the resistance is within the range. If the resistance is correct, go to step 11. If the P5 connector resistance is much higher than 16 ohms, or the P10 connector resistance is out of range, go to step 7.
7. Tilt machine forward to access the bottom of the machine and the drive motor area. Remove the motor bolt, then the motor cover to access the motor connections.
8. Visually check the mounting bracket and electrical connections to the motor and rotor position sensor board. If visual check passes, go to step 9. If visual check fails, reconnect the electrical connections, reassemble stator and motor cover and repeat step 1. With an ohmmeter, check for continuity between all pins on the P10 machine/motor control connector and the motor rotor position sensor (RPS) connector. If there is continuity, go to step 11. If there is no continuity, replace the lower machine harness.
10. With an ohmmeter, check for continuity between all pins on the P5 machine/motor control connector and the drive motor connector. If there is continuity, replace the drive motor. If there is no continuity, replace the lower machine harness.
11. The drive motor and lower harness are good. Replace the motor RPS board and perform the Diagnostics test in step 1 to verify repair.
12. If the Diagnostics motor test in step 1 failed, then the machine/motor control has failed: Unplug the washer or disconnect power. Replace the machine/motor control assembly. Perform the Motor Diagnostics in step 1 to verify repair.
Please do rate the solution if the issue is resolved or else revert for further assistance.
Posted on Aug 24, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hi just read your posting.Error code 51 means you have a Recirculation Fault.This means while the machine is filling or washing it loses water.Error code 37 means you have Pump Block error which means the machine is not draining.Please look under the machine to the front right and you should see a pump with a red or black fan attached.Can you confirm this please? I think there is a problem with your diverter valve and the information on your type of pump will help me rectify this problem for you.Please reply with additional information on the type of pump in your machine.Looking forward to your reply.
Posted on Jul 01, 2010
Testimonial: "thanks mate - will check out the pump and valve for blockages"
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 05, 2014 | Denon Audio Players & Recorders
Aug 30, 2013 | Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Cars & Trucks
Aug 29, 2011 | Maytag Washing Machines
Nov 10, 2010 | 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jul 01, 2010 | Fisher and Paykel Washing Machines
Jun 03, 2010 | Brother Multi-Function Center MFC-240C...
Oct 22, 2009 | Konica Minolta Office Equipment & Supplies
May 28, 2009 | Panasonic PT-51HX41 51" Rear Projection...
661 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: