Question about Hitachi hts548080m9at00 80 GB Hard Drive
If you receive the “unmountable boot volume” error and have an installation disk, you still may have a chance to save your system.
1. Insert your XP installation disk into an optical drive and boot up your computer.
2. When you see a welcome screen, hit the R key on your keyboard. This will enter you into recovery mode with a DOS prompt.
3. Now type chkdsk /p and hit Enter. This will launch a utility which will check for errors on your hard drive.
4. After the process is done, type fixboot and hit Enter to repair any damaged boot files which may have become corrupted. When asked to say yes or no, type the Y key on your keyboard.
5. Type exit and press the Enter key to reboot your computer.
If all went well, you should now be able to boot back into Windows without a problem!
Posted on Aug 24, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 25, 2011 | IBM ThinkPad T42 Laptop
May 14, 2010 | Hitachi 80GB IDE Hitechi DeskStar 7K160...
Mar 24, 2010 | Hitachi 80GB IDE Hitechi DeskStar 7K160...
Sep 26, 2009 | Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST380011A 80 GB...
Sep 12, 2009 | Fujitsu MHV2080AT (MHV2080AT50PK) 80 GB...
May 07, 2009 | Hitachi Travelstar 80 GB Hard Drive
Dec 29, 2008 | IBM ThinkPad 600E 2645 Notebook
Oct 05, 2007 | Hitachi TravelStar 80GN 80 GB Hard Drive
129 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: