Cleaner won't leave or rim of edge of pool. Use Pool Pulse to lower flow. Utilize return flow to move cleaner. Adjust hose weight.
POOL PULSE (metering flow)
The Pool Pulse is a flow meter that measures the volume of water flowing through your Zodiac cleaner. It must be used to properly set the flow and can be used as a diagnostic tool when the cleaner isn't running properly. This piece should have been provided with your original box, but if you have lost or discarded the pool pulse flow meter, then you will need to purchase another one either online, or at your local swimming pool retailer.
For the following steps (using 2 people is recommended; one poolside and the other at the plumbing manifold.)
Vacuum and skimmer valves are located at your plumbing manifold.
• Remove the cleaner head.
• Attach the Pool Pulse to the end of the hose and keep it under water.
• Turn on the filtration system.
• For pools with one skimmer, flow is automatically regulated by the Flowkeeper Valve. Insure the blue indicator of the Pool Pulse is in the ideal range (when viewed from the side).
• For pools with two or more skimmers, leave the selected skimmer open and slowly close the other skimmer(s) until the blue indicator of the Pool Pulse moves into the ideal range (when viewed from the side).
• For pools with a wall vacuum fitting, leave the wall vacuum fitting fully open and slowly close the skimmer valve until the blue indicator of the Pool Pulse moves into the ideal range (when viewed from the side).
• Keeping the hose under water, remove the Pool Pulse. Submerge the cleaner head, and when the bubbles stop coming from the extension pipe, attach the hose end. Your installation is now complete.
Divert the pool return inlets downward - Your Zodiac Automatic Pool Cleaner must move randomly throughout the pool and water circulating at the surface will influence the hose and limit coverage.
• To adjust the return inlet: loosen the lock ring and redirect the eyeball downward, then retighten the lock ring. If the eyeball is difficult to adjust, insert a screwdriver inside the eyeball and gently adjust downward.
• If the return inlets cannot be pointed downward, then you MUST install Zodiac return line diverters. They are available online or through you local retailer.
This is what a diverter looks like.
Adjusting weight on cleaner:
FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES BELOW FOR YOUR SPECIFIC CLEANER MODEL.
(Model number is stated on the cover of the manual that came with your cleaner)
MODEL# W83251 - Hose weight is not required for this model cleaner in most pools. As a troubleshooting technique to improve coverage or prevent the cleaner from climbing the walls excessively, snap (1) hose weight onto the first hose section, one meter from the cleaner head.
MODEL# W03000 - Snap (1) hose weight onto the middle of the first hose section, 1/2 meter from the cleaner head.
MODEL# W83215 & W83216 - Snap (2) hose weights onto the middle of the second hose section,
1 1/2 meters from the cleaner head.
If you are still experiencing issues with your cleaner, you have a full 1 year warranty on the cleaner and Zodiac is happy to help you with the ownership!
They can be contacted at: 1-888-786-779
Sure hope this takes care of that issue for you, and I look forward to your feedback! Thanks for allowing us to help you out!
Brian Morris, The Ugly Pool Guy