I dont know how to install stereo speakers in my citroen saxo VTR near the rear seats. how can i do this?
First you have to remove the old ones...
You cannot just clip out the rear speakers, as the cover over them is attached to the rear panel (2 door Saxos)
In order to take out the rear speakers, from what I remember...
1) Take out rear seats
-Get yourself in the car through one of the front doors
-Once inside face toward the rear seat
-Reach for gap between where the upper and lower parts of the seat join
-Pull the bottom half up and towards you
-Once it is vertical lift straight up to detach from pivot
-Get it out of the car to give you space
2) Undo 2 bolts
- Having just removed the lower part of the seat there are now 2 bolts
visible 1 located each side of the car, next to the rear speaker panel.
- Undo the bolts, they are long so require lots of twisting until free
- Remember where the washer sat and place in safe location out of car
3) Lift up rear window seals
- Open rear windows
-Lift up the rubber seal which lies on the bottom part of the window
-(It is attached all the way round the window trim, only lifting it up is neccessary)
4) Remover upper seatbelt bolts
- Locate rear seat belts (side belts only)
- Locate top of seat belt fixing point
- Remove circular plastic covering on top joint of each belt (1 each side)
- This reveals seat belt joint bolt (1 each side)
- Undo bolts and place safely outside of car
- (Same for front seat belts required)
- Locate front seat belts
- Locate front seat belt joints at top of belt.
- Remove circular plastic covering (1 each side)
- This reveals bolt (1 each side)
- Undo bolt and place in safe location
5) Lower rear seat
- Open the boot
- Clamber in
- Locate where rear seat meets plastic trim (each side of car)
- Locate small plastic lever (each side of car)
- Push small plastic lever towards the front of the car (both sides same time)
- Meanwhile push rear seat gently towards front of car (helps if have a friend)
- This will lower seat
- (You do not want seat lowered completely, once seat is free in movement leave resting in normal position)
6) Remove rear speaker panels (requires trusted + competant friend)
-Friend Get in car sit where rear seat was on driver side (for space)
-You sit front seat passenger side
-You locate where rear speaker panel ends beside front door
-You pull rear speaker panel away from end at door towards opposite side
-You will notice part of rear speaker panel detach from car
-Friend and You pull off remainder of speaker panel from its poppers
-Notice lump of plastic preventing complete detachment from car
-Careful to prevent damage Friend and You need to move rear speaker panel towards front of car and up
-Remember plastic will flex, but is also capable of snapping
-Manipulating this action will get rear speaker panel detached from car...although still on the seatbelts themselves.
Notice how speaker is joined to hidden part of rear panel, rather than metal body work.
To remove rear speaker undo the 4 torx screws holding speaker in place, alongside wire joint (wire with plastic adaptor at end)
Do what you needed to do, and then return car to normal state by effectively reversing the above instructions.
(I accept no liability for any action you undertake from following these instructions.....yadda yadda)
If any problems contact a Sax-p I.C.E section expert, or if incounter
any difficulties that the above cannot solve, any car audio installer
can help, alongside most garages, including Citroen Dealerships.
The instructions above probably took longer to type than to actually perform, estimated time for completion is 40mins-1 hour.
Oct 24, 2009 |
Car Speakers & Subwoofers