Question about RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready Television

2 Answers

RCA r52wh74 Have a convergence problem and trying to fix the tv our selfs, Trying to locate where the fuse is which is part number 259213 or 259214. Have the back of tv but not sure what we are looking for. Please help. Thank you Judy

Posted by on


2 Answers

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 51 Answers

IrishDruids advise, while be it appropriate for most brands, is not applicable on a RCA. The fuse location is on the main power supply, its not a glass fuse, but a box fuse at location fl231. You will also have to replace diode dl231.

Posted on Jun 04, 2008

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 2,712 Answers

If you have a convergence problem, it is most likely that the two convergence IC's mounted on the large heat sinks will have to be replaced. There are three colours - red, blue and green, but only two IC's. This is because one IC controls the blue and half the green, while the other controls the red and the other half of the green. Hence, I recommend replacing both at the same time. I think their model numbers are STK395-110/120.
Also,it could be that the 4-6 resistors around the IC's will have to be replaced as well.
I suggest you get it replaced professionally.
Hope that helps!

If your issue is not resolved, please do not assign a rating just yet. Please post back as to what steps you took, results, etc, and I will try to assist you further as best I can. I am here at your service.

P.S. -You can rate this solution with one of four votes, if you feel your issue is resolved (remember that at times a bit of to and fro dialogue may be necessary to resolve an issue).

  • "FixYa!" - The solution provides great advice on how to solve the problem.
  • "Helpful" - The solution provides useful leads that helps solve the problem.
  • "Thanks for Trying" - The solution does not solve the problem but the effort is appreciated.
  • "Inappropriate" - The solution has absolutely nothing to do with the problem.
Thank you for using FIXYA!


Posted on May 05, 2008

  • Swilin Sampson
    Swilin Sampson May 31, 2008


    This thread has gone 14 days or more without a response.
    Please close the thread with a “FixYa” or “Helpful” rating.

    Or post back with latest developments, what steps you took,
    etc. and I will assist you further as best I can.

    Thank you.




1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

RCA r52wh74

Hi the problem you are having is a common one dont know what the repair bloke told you but your problem is with the convergance ic their are two of them located inside your telly the are located on two metal heatsinks sticking up out of the board the parts start with stk they might have a clip round them holfing them onto the heatsink these need removing to see the part number.
When you get the part number google it and it will locate the people who sells them part numbers for you these parts are not user repairable they should only be replaces by a pro as when you solder them in you cant let them overhear as this will blow the ics again but if you are confident in doing the repair then you will need a multimeter as well to check any resistors that might have also blown ok if you need further assistance let me know ok

Feb 01, 2008 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

I have an rca r52wh74 tv, Everything on the screen has a shadow, like blue or green. Tried to do the manual convergence and got it lined up but still not fixed. Just bought tv used, it is 3 years old. Is...

Go to menu then setup , if you do not see convergence then you have a Blowed Fuse FL231, but their is a cap CL0029 that will also cause convergence to off set! Try entering into service mode with TV off Press and hold at same time CH- & VOL- wait for TV to come on you should then be in service menu.

Dec 30, 2009 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

I too cannot get the TV to turn on but my model is a R52WH74

the chasis number of your tv is eithor itc222 or itc221 the deflection board causes most of the problems part number 258762 part discontinued but you can contact eithor pts electronics or tristate module to see if they can fix yours

Sep 02, 2009 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer

Can't figure out to find auto convergence on remote or tv

Go to menu then setup look for convergence if you do not see it listed you have a open fuse FL231 it is located on right side of FBT flyback transfomer there is 3 in a Roll small brown rectrangler looking caps but they are fuses it will be the one in the Middle.

Aug 22, 2009 | RCA R52WH73 Projection Television

1 Answer

RCA projection tv R52WH74

quick question do you have the convergence option in the customer setup menu. if you do not then goto the tips and tricks section and read the fl231 fuse problem

Apr 23, 2009 | RCA HD52W58 52" TV

1 Answer

RCA R52WH74 Picture is sagging, looks 3d, and double picture

Go to menu then setup look for convergence if you do not see convergence then you have A open FUSE It will be on right side of FBT flyback transfomer there is 3 of them in a roll they are small brown rectrangler looking caps but ARE FUSES it will be the one in the middle. Replace it and you have a FIXYA.

Feb 19, 2009 | RCA R52WH73 Projection Television

2 Answers

3D TV Blues, Greens, Red and a little yellow. RCA Modle # R52WH74

This is called convergence board failure. try to re calibrate the convergence. if the re calibration fails, this means your convergence board will need to be replaced or, rebuilt.

Feb 13, 2009 | RCA R52WH73 Projection Television

1 Answer

Tv's green light comes on then off three times

On same Board that you replaced fuse Look at cp 150 if it is puffed up on top it is bad so replace cp150,114,120 one will be 2200u 16v
other 2 caps will be 220uf 35v With tv turned OFF Press and Hold Vol- and CH - at same Time on Front Panel board wait untill set comes on you should now be in Service mode Go to Convergence Try to aline convergence Do Auto converge

Feb 08, 2009 | RCA Televison & Video

5 Answers

Rca r52wh74 - no auto convergance

On this particular model when your convergence is out of alignment, and the auto convergence is suddenly missing from the TV's menu all together, there is a easy fix.

Diode on Main Power supply, Location dl321 and fuse at Location fl231.

This problem has a high failure rate.

Jan 10, 2008 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

Not finding what you are looking for?
RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready Television Logo

305 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74999 Answers


Level 3 Expert

905 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1213 Answers

Are you a RCA Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides