Question about Routers
How do you hook up to modom
Posted on Jun 27, 2008
I want to help you out. I have some questions to ask you first:
1. What brand and model are your wireless router and laptop?
2. Does the laptop have a built-in wireless card or you installed one?
3. If it's has its built-in wireless card, check the wireless switch of the laptop. ICheck if it is on or off (some laptops sometimes has an on/off switch)
4. Check if the wireless light on your router is on (it's sometimes refered to "WLAN")
5. How many wired & wireless computers do you have and their operating system?
Your physical connections are correct. BTW, can you also specify what port from the modem is going to the router? Some routers have 1 port named "Internet or WAN" and 4 ports for "Ethernet." Check if the modem is connected to the "Internet or WAN" port.
Posted on May 04, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 13, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Dec 05, 2009 | D-Link DIR-825 Wireless QuadBand Router
Jul 22, 2009 | Routers
Apr 09, 2009 | Linksys -Cisco Wireless-G VPN Broadband...
Mar 12, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Mar 11, 2009 | Westell Wirespeed ProLine 6100 Router...
Feb 16, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Nov 29, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Nov 19, 2008 | Routers
Nov 27, 2007 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Dec 02, 2016 | Routers
136 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!