Question about Bissell 7901-1 ProHeat Scotchgard Upright Wet/Dry Vacuum
1. You’ll need to follow this procedure to assemble your unit back together.
2. Make sure the foot pedal is in the proper position.
3. The SmartMix should be properly loaded into the main housing. This is done by first turning the SmartMix knob to the "water only" setting, placing the SmartMix piston in place, and then turning the SmartMix knob to the "heavy traffic" setting.
4. Make sure the gasket around the nozzle is in place by guiding it into the slot with your finger or screwdriver.
5. Make sure the cover is reassembled so that it is directly above the base before lowering it into position.
6. Turn the diverter valve to "tools" setting. Lift diverter door lightly and check to ensure that the upholstery duct is aligned to the oval hole in the housing. Press diverter door back down and return valve to "floor" setting. Some models require that the front housing be snapped back onto the base. Do this by pushing down on the front of the housing.
7. Clean any debris from the flow indicator. Insert with post up, then lightly tighten flow indicator cap.
8. Make sure the rope gasket for the window is in place on the housing. Also, check to see that the rubber gasket is in place at the top of the window.
9. Replace the nozzle window by first pressing the front onto the screw area, and then snap the top of the nozzle in place by pressing on the oval gasket seal. You will hear two "clicks" as the tabs drop into the housing slots (NOTE: on older models, insert the two rear tabs into the housing slots first, then lift upward on the front of the window to "bow" it into position. Attach both window nozzle screws.
10. Turn the motor shaft to ensure that the brush and pump are both operating properly.
11. Reinstall belt access door and tanks. Retest unit.
Hope this helps... If it does please do not forget to accept the solution or post back for assistance.
Posted on Aug 23, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2016 | Vacuums
Jul 09, 2010 | Bissell 1699 ProHeat Clear View Upright...
May 20, 2010 | Bissell 8910 ProHeat Clear View Upright...
Dec 06, 2009 | Bissell 1698-1 PowerSteamer ProHeat Plus...
Nov 04, 2009 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Sep 03, 2008 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Apr 18, 2008 | Bissell 8910 ProHeat Clear View Upright...
Mar 18, 2008 | Bissell 1698 PowerSteamer ProHeat Upright...
Feb 25, 2007 | Bissell 1698 PowerSteamer ProHeat Upright...
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!