- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Here is your Dell Hard Disk Master Password for HDD serial #44W4Z3Y3764-595B Your HDD Master Password is: w2cuzked When asked for HDD Password use the HDD Master Password to unlock the HDD password. The Dell HDD Master Password is what Dell can calculate for you or a third party. Thanks to the great guys at unlockbiosrecovery.com for providing the HDD Master Password that will unlock your hard disk. They can unlock your laptop bios or hard disk.
How Do I Change the Primary Master HDD User Password?
Prior to loading an operating system, your computer will first execute the BIOS program. The BIOS has an extra password feature, called the hard disk drive (HDD) user password, that can't be bypassed and provides a layer of defense to keep your data secure. To change an existing HDD user password you will have to load the BIOS menu, which is only accessible during the computer's operating system reboot procedure.
1. Close any windows that are currently open on your computer. Eject any discs inserted into the optical drive and disconnect any peripheral USB devices.
2. Open the "Start" menu and select "Shut Down." Turn on your computer once the operating system finishes shutting down.
3. Press the key your computer uses to load the BIOS menu. For example, with Dell computers tap "F2" when the "Press F2 for Setup" option appears. Press the "Access IBM" key on IBM laptops or "F10" on HP desktops.
4. Navigate to the BIOS tab that contains the HDD password option, which will usually be the "Security" tab. Some computer manufactures instead include the password option in the "Advanced" tab.
5. Scroll down to the option labeled either "User Password" or "BIOS lock" and hit "Enter." Type the current master HDD user password when the prompt appears and press "Enter."
6. Input a new HDD user password and hit "Enter" again. Navigate to the BIOS tab labeled "Exit" or something similar.
7. Move over to the "Save and Exit" entry and press "Enter." Select "Yes" and tap "Enter."
From what I understand, the hard drive can be set with a password so the drive can't be used in any other computer or even opened if stolen. It is different from windows or bios passwords, and no password unlocker can open it.
You need to call the manufactor of the pc, and have all the information about the computer handy so it can be proven you are the legal owner. They are the only ones that I know of that might be able to reset or disable the HD password.