Question about 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless Router
Upgraded to official firmware v3.0.1. It reboots every 30 minutes when connected to internet. please help. any advise other than using un-official firmware?
The 3com website is remarkably shoddy on this issue, and doesn't have the newest required updates. Even the KB on their site is thin on solutions.
You really need firmware 3.6.4, yet 3.0.1 is the latest on the official website. Try this page:
for the very latest firmwares, and note that it's best to clear out the router memory completely before adding the new firmware to it. This is because it sometimes doesn't like the new image files otherwise. The way I suggest:
1. Note all of your settings manually (don't save a config file, it may not read back in).
2. Hard reset and clear the memory, by holding down the reset button and powering on.
3. Connect to 192.168.1.1 with your browser - you may need to mess with the network settings on your PC to get it to connect. You will see a very bland screen, asking you for a firmware file, rather than the traditional login screen.
4. Upload the latest firmware, downloaded from the site above.
5. Allow the router to do it's business and restart.
6. Connect back to 192.168.1.1, and you will once again see the correct router software, with a new install wizard.
7. Re-enter all your settings, as noted above.
Posted on Mar 11, 2009
If I were you, DO NOT use a firmware that you didn't download at 3com's site since it will void the warranty (based on experience with other manufacturer).
You're using the lates firmware of 3.0.1 (I checked it at their website).
I have some questions for you:
1. Does it reboot literally? I mean, the router turns off then on after 30 minutes?
3. Who's your internet provider?
4. DO you have a modem? If Yes, what's the brand and model?
2. Have you tried isolating the problem by trying a different router?
Posted on May 04, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 17, 2012 | 3Com OfficeConnect® (3CRWDR200A-75) Router...
on Jun 29, 2008 | 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless Router
Jul 20, 2010 | Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless Router
Apr 20, 2010 | 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless Router
Mar 27, 2010 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Mar 24, 2009 | 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless Router
Sep 06, 2008 | 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless Router
Dec 27, 2007 | 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
Oct 20, 2007 | 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless Router
Mar 16, 2007 | 3Com OfficeConnect Remote 612 ADSL Router
552 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: