Question about Whirlpool GH7155XHS Microwave Oven
There is usually a 125V, 20 AMP line fuse inside the microwave, mounted at the point where the power cord enters the back of the unit. Unfortunately, you will need to uninstall the oven (if this is an over the range model), UNPLUG it and remove the exterior case to access. The case comes off in various ways depending on manufacture and model.
Replacement parts can be ordered at any of the following websites:
All these sites are reputable and offer competitive pricing, so shop and compare. The first three sites on the list also inlcude exploded view parts illustrations to assist you with locating and properly identifying any parts you may need.
If the model number you listed this question under is correct, the line fuse is connected on the wiring harness inside the unit and is listed as part of item 14 under the "Interior" parts listing (part number 815174). There is also a Thermal Cut-Out (TCO) in the High Voltage network mounted on the magnetron that, if blown, will cause the same symptoms. It is listed as item 15 under the "Magnetron and Air Flow" parts listing. The part number is 815076.
CAUTION: DO NOT under any circumstances attempt to operate or troublehsoot the microwave oven with the exterior case removed. Voltage potentials in the High Voltage network can exceed 3,000 volts. Always UNPLUG the unit when attempting any repairs.
If the line fuse is blown, you can usually purchase a box of fuses at a hardware store for less than what the manufacturer charges for a single fuse. 125V, 20AMP Ceramic Slow Blow fuses are recommended.
If you have any questions, or need additional assistance troubleshooting, please post back and let me know. I hope you find this information helpful.
NOTE: Make sure you take any resistance readings with the microwave UNPLUGGED and the component under test isolated (removed) from the circuit. These ovens can blow a fuse by simply sitting idle. This can occur from any power fluctuations, brown outs, voltage spikes, etc. Or, it could be the symptom of a component that may have failed. If you find the internal fuse blown and replace it, only to have it blow again, you have a more significant problem than a simple blown fuse.
Posted on Aug 23, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 17, 2014 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 31, 2013 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven
Oct 01, 2012 | Microwave Ovens
Jun 05, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Dead appliance, power on wall outlet.
SAFETY IS PARAMOUNT!
this only if you are competent.
your appliance has absolutely no functions at all, remove it from the
mains supply, remove the case and see where the mains lead goes in to
the appliance and follow the cable until you find the main fuse.
ONLY USE THE SAME TYPE AND RATING OF FUSE TO REPLACE IT.
The usual cause of this fuse failure is the door switches are contaminated or sticking. Check the door switches before putting power back on to the appliance.
Hope this helps.
Mar 07, 2011 | Tappan Microwave Ovens
Oct 19, 2009 | GE JVM1630 Microwave Oven
Sep 10, 2009 | Panasonic NN-P794SF Microwave Oven
May 23, 2009 | Kenmore 63792 Microwave Oven
May 11, 2009 | Whirlpool MH1140XM Microwave Oven
May 14, 2007 | Sharp R-202EW Microwave Oven
178 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: