Question about D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
His is possibly your first step is to contact the manufacturer to see if you have firmware update for your model router. You can do this via the internet or contact by phone., either way will get you to technical support for you router model.
2. Also check to see if your router has been grandfathered but the manufacturer ( it is possible that your model router has no further support.
3. you also have to see if your router has the device you are trying to connect with in the allowance list that is ( is it authorized to connect to the internet )
4. Follow the steps here :
.Log into router. Using either 192.168.0.1 ot 192.168.1.1 in a browser window that is ( internet Explorer or firefox)
2. Verify wireless router name( on the computer) >>> ( on/off) ( router status window)
3.Note router name you are connecting to.
4.. Check the laptop do ipconfig /all to see current IP addresses.
5. Set the laptop up in the router by WEP KEY or MAC address. This set up in the "security tab" in the router. using 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 to access through a browser.
6.Note router name you are connecting to.
7. Move the laptop about 20ft away and try to log on to the internet.
This is for all routers to set up wirelessly.
Posted on Aug 23, 2010
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 07, 2010 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Feb 16, 2010 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
May 11, 2009 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Apr 10, 2009 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Jun 16, 2008 | D-Link DI-514 / DWL-520 Kit...
Sep 06, 2007 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!