Question about SMC WBR14-N Router
1. There may be 3 issues here to consider 1st :
a. the network card \
b. the Ethernet cable
c. the Ethernet port on the router defective.
2.Here is a instruction set to follow to see if your router is connected properly with the said pc :
1.Log into router. Using either 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1 in a browser window that is ( internet Explorer or firefox) on the computer that doesn't connect.
2. Verify wireless router name( on the computer) >>> ( on/off) ( router status window)
3.Note router name you are connecting to.
4.. Check the laptop do ipconfig /all to see current IP addresses.
5. Set the laptop/desktop up in the router by WEP KEY or MAC address. This set up in the "security tab" in the router. using 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 to access through a browser.
6.Note router name you are connecting to.
7. use a straight through Ethernet cord ( a know good one )\
8. verify that the network card is working by using a loop back ( that is ping the NIC card ( done by using dos command prompt>> loopback address is 127.0.0.1 this should yield 4 hops complete if the NIC card is working ( NIC = Network Interface Card)
I hope this helps. Have a great day!
This is for all routers to set up wirelessly.
Posted on Aug 23, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 05, 2011 | Linksys WRT120N Router
Jan 06, 2011 | Gateway Computers & Internet
Jun 21, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Jun 14, 2009 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Mar 30, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Sep 24, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Sep 05, 2008 | Linksys WRT300N Wireless Router
May 31, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Jan 23, 2008 | D-Link RangeBooster G WBR-2310 Wireless...
May 31, 2013 | SMC WBR14-N Router
May 16, 2017 | SMC WBR14-N Router
77 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: