Question about Panasonic Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Alfoil was put in microwave, now when used one if the small side panels inside glows bright red and starts to smoke. Can this be repaired????

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Panasonic Master
  • 43,501 Answers

Hi,
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....

Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips
http://www.fixya.com/support/r5508031-microwave_oven_basic_troubleshooting

heatman101

Posted on Aug 23, 2010

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

H 5040 BM has sparking/flashing coming from grill connection inside top of oven whilst microwave is in use causing this connector to glow red


take it in for repair as the connection is shorting out from the micro waves
get a quote as most repairs are more than the replacement cost

Mar 22, 2016 | Miele Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Small metal-like plate against wall smokes when I try to use the microwave. Bought it last year. Afraid it will cause a fire so I don't use it. Pregnant with twins..need my microwave.


Shelley,
That is actually a mica plate and that can be replaced. I would suggest trying to find an appliance repair store near you and give them your make and model number of your microwave and they can probably order the part for you. Worst case scenario would be that you might have to order a piece larger than you need and you would have to trace out your old one onto the new one and cut it out yourself. It is not hard to do. What happens, is food grease gets splattered around during cooking, and it can get built up behind that plate and it will start to smoke after a while. You could try removing the plate and cleaning both sides real well, and if it has not charred the plate on either side, you might be able to get by with putting it back in. Hope this helps!

May 19, 2015 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Miccrowave shorting out and smoking


Hi,

According to the Maytag repair site, no. They list no microwave recalls at all.

bbd0982.png

If I can be of further assistance, or if you have questions about any of my response(s), please let me know before rating me.

If this solves the issue, please rate it accordingly. My goal is to earn a "FixYa" rating from everyone I help.

Thanks for using Fixya.com,

Jon

Apr 04, 2009 | Maytag MMV5000 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Sharp R-510 FK dangerous noise


Hello. To me, it sounds like something is stuck to the inside of your cavity and it is arcing, as you are seeing a bright flash, and hearing it. I would take apart/clean everything inside the cooking area, something is causing a problem in there. Usually just a good cleaning is all it needs, as the debris is making a focus point for the energy. Try putting a small glass of water, only 1/4 full, and watch while you start it, to see where the arcing is, it won't hurt anything for a second or 10.

Hope that helped, and thank you.

Mar 29, 2009 | Sharp R-510HW Microwave Oven

1 Answer

GE JVM 1650 Microwave Night Light does not work


We see (and repair) this a lot. The problem is on the control panel, which we regularly repair nationwide by mail for $39.95 postpaid in about a week.

This light failure often occurs when a bulb goes out and the filament shorts, or when the bulbs are removed or installed without first unplugging the oven from the power line. Either can cause such a failure on the controller.

Sometimes this will also affect the exhaust fan operation, too. The lights and fan can be inoperable or stuck on too.

In your case, it may just be a shorted dimming diode, a black diode usually located between the light relay and the connector.

(Not to be mistaken for the tinier red-bodied diode on the other side of the relay that protects the relay coil).

If it is shorted, you will have bright lights in both the bright and dim settings.

In case you or someone you know has the tools and experience to desolder and solder small components, the replacement rectifier diode is not critical and can be any of these:

1N4001, 1N4002, 1N4003, 1N4004, 1N4005, 1N4006, 1N4007, NTE116, or NTE125 some of which are available form Radio Shack.

At our Web site, you can get details of our service, plus we have a video available showing how to remove a typical over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.

There should be a "mini-manual" (tech sheet) hidden inside the unit behind the control panel or hidden on the left side behind the grille, which is very helpful when troubleshooting, testing, and locating components.

Feel free to contact me directly (and please remind me of your full model number) for more information & help.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

William E. Miller
prototech@usa.net
http://www.microwavedisplay.com

8aed03b.jpg

7a34fe2.jpg

Feb 13, 2009 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Smoke Coming from inside of Microwave even when warming for 10 seconds


Proberly wave guide cover at side it can get grease behind it,And when you used it with small load it tried to cook it and then burned the mica cover,Take mica cover off and try it without it to seeif problem resolved if ok,New cover can be obtained if req.Regards grandadfixer

Oct 10, 2008 | Thermador MBBS Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave (inside on right hand side wall) has a plastic cover. Behind this cover while popping popcorn there was bright yellow/red flashing/light, it started to melted the plastic cover within seconds....


You don't say which make/model microwave you have, but on every model I have ever seen the thing that sits behind the plastic cover is the magnetron - the bit that actually generates the microwaves.

Unless the microwave was a fairly top-end model, you might well be cheaper to just buy a new one.

Hope this helps,

Matt

Mar 27, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Fire in Microwave Using Sensor Control for Potato


Please contact your home insurance to have the problem logged as a failure of the microwave. The insurance company will most likely help you with the smoke damage to the house and will contact the manufacturer to get their money back... there might be an issue with the manufacturing of these appliances.

Jan 04, 2008 | Amana ACO1860 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

56 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Panasonic Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9085 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

Are you a Panasonic Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...