Question about Nikon Coolpix S1 Digital Camera
Hi! my Nikon coolpix has been working just fine for over a year and now suddenly i get a black screen when trying tp take pictures. the visioning of stored pictures works fine, and the lense opens fine, but for some reason i cannot see anything but a dark screen, does anybody know of this problem has a fix?! thanks!!
September 9, 2007 3:56 PM
Hi, Please forget the above findings of mine. I just realized that it
is a feature of the camera when it fails to focus on an subject for
consecutive 5 times, the lens will intialize itself and out put on
screen a message: INITIALIZING LENS CANNOT FOCUS.
I just got the camera defective like conditions of yours. Tried to find help on the web and came across this site while testing on the black screen camera for not more than 45 minutes.
I have the instruction manual, but never flipped a page on it yet. So how the heck do I know about that 5 times things on focus as mentioned above. BECAUSE I got the stupid camera working right now with the real time image on the screen.
If you want to follow my way to try fixing it yourself, keep reading and do it at your own risk. You paid several hundread dollars for the camera and I just paid $20 for it. Therefore, I tried everything I can to make it work, even if I had to open the camera body to play with the inside. Fortunately, it was not neccessary to take it apart.
Once again, AT YOUR OWN RISK to follow my way to get back your real time image screen.
Read the following steps once and make sure you understand before action.
(1) Load your camera with a freashly recharged battery.
(2) Switch on to see if it's working and still without the real time screen.
(3) Switch it off, and hold it tight in you palm with the LCD facing inward.
(4) Now, with you palm up, you should be able to see the model name 'CoolPix S6' under the lens and the flash.
(5) While holding the camera and aiming at the 'CoolPix S6', raise your other hand with the fist next to your ear.
(6) Match the aim as describe in(4) to the aim of your elbow 's protruded part and make pratice moves. Yes, you'are going to smack it
to your elbow.
(7) When you are ready, try first not to hit your elbow too hard once.
(8) Switch the camera on to check. If you have the 'Screen' now, congratulation! If not, repeat (4) to (8) but with a stronger impact
Force. You might have to try more times until your elbow could not take the sore.
I got mine fixed by performing the above steps just once, but I started at a medium impact force. Before this fix, I tried to whack it on both sides, the top and the bottom to my knee cap.
Why I chose knee cap and elbow? They hurt if you strike too hard. The target is to apply enough impact force to shake but not break the parts inside the camera.
Posted on Mar 02, 2009
Smacking it with your elbow really works! i'm back in business. thanks- gar
Posted on Apr 16, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 04, 2015 | Nikon Coolpix S1 Digital Camera
Feb 20, 2010 | Nikon Coolpix S1 Digital Camera
Jul 13, 2008 | Nikon Coolpix S1 Digital Camera
Jan 24, 2008 | Nikon CoolPix S2 Digital Camera
Jun 01, 2007 | Nikon COOLPIX L3 Digital Camera
391 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!