Question about Samsung SGH-A877 Impression Cell Phone
The reason your phones touch screen is not working is simply because there is a problem with the flex of the phone.
If the screen is not damaged in any way, then the assumption of it being the screen is absolutely correct.
To fix the flex of the phone;
1. Get the appropriate screwdriver,
2. remove the battery, the battery cover, and your sim,
3. Turn the back of the phone,
4. you will see five rubbers,
5. pick them off with a pincher,you will see screws under them, unscrew the phone,
6. Get a credit card and slip it through the line around the phone then apply a little force in separating them apart,
7. you will see the panel of the phone, carefully lift it up,
8. you will see a flex that runs through the screen to the panel, carefully detach the flex from the panel,
9. unscrew the screen of the phone, remove the flex connected to the screen also and replace it.
10. Reverse the process to reassemble the phone.
If can't do it,please contact a skill full personnel for help.
Posted on Aug 22, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 29, 2014 | Cell Phones
on Jul 21, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Sep 17, 2013 | Epson Perfection V500 Flatbed Scanner
Aug 13, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Aug 31, 2011 | Moultrie GameSpy 4.0 Digital Camera Deluxe
Jan 15, 2011 | Cell Phones
The most likely cause for this is a damaged or defective flexible ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the camera body or a defective LCD / touch screen module and can be repaired fairly inexpensively. However, it's not a user serviceable problem and will need to be repaired by a qualified service technician.
My name is Rick and I'm a professional repair technician with over 20 years in the business and have repaired many of these. I'm semi retired and work from home with little overhead so I can keep repair costs low. If you decide to have the camera repaired, please click HERE for a directory listing that suits your needs.
If this response has been of any help to you, please be sure and give a positive vote for me on FixYa.com .
Jan 02, 2011 | Sony DCR-DVD610 DVD Camcorder
Dec 29, 2010 | Sanyo VPC-Z380 Digital Camera
447 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!