Question about Computers & Internet
Offhand, what I would suggest is to tweak your OS for maximum performance (not necessarily faster but more efficient and stable). Things you can try are:
1. right click on "My Computer", click on "Properties";
2. click on "Advanced" tab, click on "Performance Settings' button, in "Visual Effects" tab, tick "Adjust for best performance", Apply;
3. in "Advanced" tab, tick both instances of "Programs", Apply;
4. click "Virtual memory" "Change" button, tick "Custom size" type in 2048 or whatever it is that is twice of your memory on both Initial and Maximum, click on "Set" button, OK. OK;
5. Goto Start, Run, next small window type "msconfig" less the quotes, OK;
6. in the "System Configuration Utility" window, "Startup" tab, un-check everything (except perhaps your anti-virus), Apply, OK;
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on May 04, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 07, 2013 | HP TouchSmart IQ504 PC Desktop
Feb 08, 2012 | Alienware PC Systems Computers & Internet
Oct 30, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Sep 02, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Sep 30, 2009 | Lite On Computers & Internet
Sep 26, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Sep 08, 2008 | IBM IntelliStation M Pro 6868 PC Desktop
Jul 19, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Feb 22, 2017 | Google Computers & Internet
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!