Question about Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Need a volume and balance switch for a sansui G-8700DB receiver

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.

  • Master
  • 1,689 Answers

If this is an older unit, Samsung is no longer supplying parts for older units. They were bought over and it is no longer the same company.

You will have to send the amplifier to a shop that can do custom work and retrofit a new set of pots to the amplifier. They will use industrial parts and modify them to mechanicaly fit.

Jerry G.

Posted on May 04, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Volume balance between the speakers as there doesn't seem to be a balance left/ right switch.

Check all of the connections affecting the two channels. Speaker wires, inputs, outputs, etc. A poor connection can have resistance that will affect proper balance between channels.

Also check your volume and/or balance controls for proper tracking. With the unit completely turned off, turn the volume control many times from extreme counterclockwise position to clockwise position. Ditto for any and all speaker switches. If none of these steps clear up the anomaly you have a difference in gain between amps responsible for unequal outputs and the unit will need to be troubleshooted for bad cap and/or resistor causing the anomaly.

Mar 10, 2015 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Sansui 7070 receiver Hum

Your filter capacitors in the power supply section are to blame and they need to be replaced.

Mar 30, 2014 | Sansui 221 Amplifier / Reciever

1 Answer

I have just reinstalled my Sansui component stereo system, and have a couple of problems. One is a scratchy noise on one speaker channel. The other is a seeming lack of results when I attempt to use the...

Buy some electronic contact cleaner, remove top, spray volume and balance pods and use the straw provided to target the small hole. Move controls back and forth as you apply the cleaner. If that fails! then the problem is a bad driver or audio output semiconductor.

Mar 16, 2012 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

I have a Sansui RZ-7001 home theater system but cannot get surround sound when connecting my LG Blu-ray BD 550 to it. What am I doing wrong?

fred i dutoi,

Check your connections first. Make sure your input on the Sansui RZ-7001 menu is selected to dvd. Also, make sure the blue ray cables are also inserted in the correct inputs on the rear of the receiver(dvd input). via. rca cables(red, white & yellow) the yellow is the video, hdmi, or optical. If you do not hear sounds coming from your speakers you need to check the separate volume levels for the speakers within the receiver itself. Front and rears having different volume levels within the receiver. Hope this helps. Also make sure you check the volume on the dvd player. Thanks for visiting Have a great day !


Jul 06, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

How do I hook up a home theater system to my sansui record player? DO I need any special hook up? Where is the volume controlled?

Some make and model numbers would have helped.

A traditional turntable requires a preamp inline with it to PRE amplify and frequency-balance (*) the minute signal produced by it's cartridge. Most stereo receivers and preamps have Phono connections and internal preamplification strictly for that purpose. Lacking a Phono Preamp you will have unusuable very low, tinny sound.

* Google "riaa equalization" for some background

Some of the newer turntables come with selectable internal preamplification to solve the lack of it in modern equipment.

Volume is always handled at the electronics.

Jan 30, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

I have a sansui G9700 receiver/amp. The volume control works intermitantly. Must play with it to get volume. I believe I need to replace the potentiometer F3085. where can I get one? Erick G

The potentiometer doesn't need to be replace, it has collected dust inside causing the intermittent operation. Buy a contact cleaner/conditioner to spray inside it and move the potentiometer clockwise and counter clockwise a few times until the dust inside it is gone.
Check this link to find a contact/conditioner cleaner or you can try spraying rubbing alcohol but this could because alcohol doesn't not lubricants properties.
Let me know if you require further assistance.

Nov 27, 2010 | Sansui Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Balance control switch on sansui model R-5( 30 year old unit) no longer works on one side. How do i replace or fix?

The control is probably just dirty after all those years, try some switch cleaner-don't use WD40-preferably switch cleaner with added lubricant, sprayed in and work the control back and forth. Good luck.

Feb 02, 2010 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

I have a Sansui 4-channel receiver QR-4500, there is alot of fuzz in the sound. When I turn the volume control up or down there is fuzz, also when I use the balance controls there is fuzz. The front left...


It depends on how you intend to use it, your technical skills, and how much money you're willing to put into it. If your intent is to use it with a LCD / Plasma home theater system, you would be better off purchasing a new receiver.

If you want to keep it for some other purpose, and have the technical skills and tools necessary to repair it yourself, I would recommend purchasing a service manual for your receiver.

The other alternative is to find an electronics repair shop and get an estimate on what it would cost to fixt it.

In some cases, problems such as fuzz in the volume and balance controls, can be fixed using a high quality non corrosive electronic contact cleaner. This type of "possible" repair works best with potentiometers. However, there's no guarantee contact cleaner will correct the problem. It may be necessary to replace the components.

If component replacement is necessary, the service manual will be an invaluable asset when it comes to finding a compatible replacement part.

I can understand why you might want to get it repaired as I'm a fan of Sansui, Nakamichi, and other like equipment. I currently have a Nakamichi receiver that has the same problem with the volume and balance controls. At some point, I'll take the time to repair it.

For now though, I purchased a new receiver to connect to my home theater system and I'm actually glad I did as the new receiver is more compatible with the hardware available on the market today.

Aug 21, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders

Not finding what you are looking for?
Audio Players & Recorders Logo

Related Topics:

47 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Audio Players & Recorders Experts


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5309 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74819 Answers

Are you an Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides