Question about Car Audio & Video
The safe code to your radio is located in the spare tire compartment. It is a four digit number printed on a white sticker in the inside of the spare tire storage
After you find it, write down that code number and follow the steps below to get your radio working again
1. Turn on the Radio. "Safe" will appear in the display.
2. After 3 seconds, the number "1000" will appear in the display.
3. Use the radio station preset buttons 1 to 4 to enter the code number you have written down
Use preset button 1 to enter the first digit in the code number. Use button 2 to enter the second digit, etc. The value range for each of the 4 digits is "0-9". The digit will increase by 1 each time you tap the preset button. The number returns to "0" after 9"
4. After you finish entering the code, press the right side (">") of the SEEK button for longer than 2 seconds until you hear an audible signal
5. If you have entered the code number corectly, "LSM" wll appear in the display. (I just was the radio channel indicator and then everything was working as usual).
If the wrong code number is entered twice, the unit will be disabled for one hour. Leave the unit on and the key in the ignition swithch for this hour if it locks up on you
Posted on Aug 22, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 29, 2013 | Volkswagen Car Audio & Video
Sep 13, 2011 | 1998 Volkswagen Beetle
Feb 10, 2010 | 1998 Volkswagen Beetle
Dec 31, 2009 | 2000 Volkswagen Beetle
Oct 09, 2009 | 2000 Volkswagen Beetle
Jun 04, 2009 | 2000 Volkswagen Beetle
Oct 31, 2008 | 2000 Volkswagen Beetle
49 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!