Question about Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet Printer
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: I am using Plustek M12
I just installed the software yesterday so I noticed the same thing except that just after installing it a window popped up giving some default settings I changed my preferred format to "JPEG" and then selected an already existing folder for the images to go to as could not create a folder using the window ... so your image files are probably ending up in a default folder ... the manual is available for download from Plustek ... it is zipped by RAR ... so you will have to download a program from http://uberdownloads.com/7-zipe.html to open it. I have not done this yet ... stumbled on your posting while looking for the same thing so I think the solution to both our problems is in the manual ... good luck
Posted on Sep 04, 2008
SOURCE: Scanner does not scan anything
Ensure the software for the printer and the drivers are installed correctly first.
One or more of the hints below will probably sort out most USB problems with most USB portable / external hard drives and OTHER devices (though not always)
A few things to check but assumes USB and Windows for other interfaces / operating systems (mac/ Linux) similar steps may be adapted to suit.
1. Ensure it is connected directly to the computer to a USB 2.0 port not a USB 1.0 port as this can have effects on performance and reliability
2. Use only the cables that came with it NOT one that fits that may have been lying around or is longer. Not all USB cables are equal even though they should be)
3. Do not connect through an external USB HUB unless that hub is USB 2.0 AND has its own power supply.
4. Use ONLY the power supply that came with it if it has an external power supply Don’t use any other unless you know it has both the same voltage and current rating e.g. 12V 500mA anything rated below that would not work properly.
5. Always use the same port for connecting your devices. Some devices do not like being switched about. If switched they may want to install software / drivers again. This can be especially true if you move a HUB to another port
6. For FLASH DRIVES you should ensure that the device is set for "quick removal" using the drive control panel properties or use the USB "Safely Remove Hardware" option. If you dont do this there is a very strong chance that any files you transfer may not be there when you plug into another computer.
If you checked and fixed anything there and still have issues then check your hardware from CONTROL PANEL / SYSTEM / HARDWARE.
Any exclamation marks by hardware need fixing before you investigate any further
USB flash drives can fail for no apparent reason.
Sandisk Cruzers are especially bad for this.
USB hard drives should be treated with extreme care.
This is a real hard drive ! and knocks and bumps can quite literally kill them.
It is possible to remove drives from the enclosures in most cases and connect directly inside a PC to fully check it.
You should also do this to cheack the drives connections are not bad inside the enclosure
Note that if you hear a drive clicking or pinging this could be the worst thing you would hear.
Known as "The Click Of Death"
If none of the above steps help look at updating the drivers from the manufacturers web site in the support section.
Posted on Oct 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 10, 2012 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 24, 2011 | 2006 Suzuki Reno
Feb 01, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MX850 Multifunction Printer
Dec 08, 2009 | Dell 946 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 17, 2009 | 1999 Honda CR-V
Mar 10, 2008 | Gestetner DSm635 Copier
Dec 01, 2007 | Lexmark X3470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
397 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!