Question about Vacuums
If theres a clog, then youll have to remove the entire section of hose from the vacuum and use a non blunt stick - bamboo sticks are excellent for this purpose. Stretch the whole hose out and put the stick down the hose until you can wriggle the stick down the hose - this usually gets rid of most clogs until it falls out - then you may have to reverse the hose on the other side to dislodge anything which gets stuck from the control side.
You may have to take your model back to Eureka/Electrolux for it to be repaired if theres a clog.
Posted on May 04, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 09, 2017 | Dyson DC41 Animal Bagless Upright Vacuum...
Sep 30, 2015 | Vacuums
Aug 03, 2015 | Hoover U8185-900 Upright Vacuum
Feb 02, 2015 | Hoover SteamVac Carpet/Upholstery Deep...
1. Remove the dirt cup canister from the vacuum. Remove the dirt cup lid.
2. Remove the primary foam filter. Rinse the filter under running water until it runs clear. Allow 24 hours to air dry outside of the vacuum.
3. Slide the Hepa filter out. Tap the filter against the trash can until dirt stops falling. Replace the Hepa filter. (Do not wash) Filters should be replaced once a year.
4. Remove the hose from both ends. Use a broom stick to gently loosen and clear any clogs from hose.
5. Remove the bottom plate and brushroll. Use a wooden spoon or something similar to loosen and remove any clogs from the lower hose.
6. Check that the brushes are still spinning. If not, replace the belt.
Hope this helps!
Jun 20, 2014 | Hoover UH70120 WindTunnel TSeries Rewind...
Aug 01, 2010 | Hoover SteamVac F5914-900 SpinScrub...
Apr 08, 2009 | Vacuums
Feb 03, 2009 | Dyson DC14 Animal Bagless Upright Cyclonic...
May 11, 2008 | Kenmore 34923 / 34925 Progressive Bagged...
54 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!