Yellow runs out after only a few hundred prints and didn't used to
Not sure why you're going through the yellow toner so quickly. You might try pulling it out and shaking it some to re-distribute or loosen the toner inside.
Yes you can override the cartridge out of toner print halted problem. This is located in your User's manual and is stated as:
Replace Supplies feature
The printer has three options for low or exhausted supplies status:
● STOP AT OUT (the default setting): The printer continues printing while a print cartridge is low.
When the cartridge is out, the printer cannot print.
● STOP AT LOW: The printer pauses until you replace the low cartridge.
● OVERRIDE AT OUT: The printer continues printing even after some supplies have run out.
To set the Replace Supplies feature
1. Press Menu.
2. Press (down arrow) to highlight CONFIGURE DEVICE, and then press (check mark button).
3. Press (down arrow) to highlight SYSTEM SETUP, and then press (check mark button).
4. Press (down arrow) to highlight REPLACE SUPPLIES, and then press (check mark button).
5. Press (down arrow) or (up arrow) to select the appropriate setting, and then press (check mark button) to set the selection.
● If you select OVERRIDE AT OUT and then press (check mark button), a warning message appears. To accept the override, select YES, USE OVERRIDE and press (check mark button), and then set the page limit for the override and press (check mark button).
6. Press Menu to return to the Ready state.
Apr 15, 2009 |
HP Color LaserJet 3500 Printer