Question about HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
You mean, the cursor is erratic and moving all around here and there?
Decrease the Touchpad Sensitivity...
I see that your Laptop was shipped with Windows Vista and it seems you are using a Retail version of Windows 7. Specially, HP/Compaq Laptops is designed for Retail versions and you can face some device/driver functionality issues. But, you can still try the followings.
As per my knowledge, your Laptop has the Synaptics Toucpad.
To Change the Sensitivity of the Touchpad:
1. Right-click on the desktop and select Personalize > Mouse Pointers . The Mouse Properties settings window will open.
2. Select the Device Settings tab. Select the Synaptics TouchPad device and click Settings. In the Properties for Synaptics TouchPad window, expand the Sensitivity topic.
3. Select the PalmCheck option to adjust the sensitivity (decrease it) of the touchpad to avoid erratic cursor movement caused by accidental touching of the pad during normal typing.
If the Device Setting tab is missing.....
1. Click Start, in the Start search field type Msconfig and press enter.
"System Configuration Utility" box will pop up on the screen.
2. Click the Startup tab.
3. Search for "Syntpenh" entry and select the checkbox beside it.
5. Click OK. Restart the computer. Perform above step.
If you are still not able to perform the steps, update the driver from following link.
Synaptics TouchPad Driver: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp44501-45000/sp44969.exe
Restart the Notebook and check for the problem. It should be resolved now.
Posted on Aug 22, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
on Jul 02, 2010 | Computers & Internet
on Jun 25, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Feb 15, 2014 | HP Pavilion p6210f Desktop 26GHz 6GB...
Feb 21, 2013 | Lenovo ThinkPad Computers & Internet
Mar 01, 2011 | ASUS K60IRBBBR05 Notebook
May 02, 2010 | Apple iMac G4 Desktop
May 02, 2010 | HP Compaq Presario SR1750NX PC Desktop
303 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!