Question about GE Microwave Ovens
Open the microwave oven & then check the back of digital panel,where a control board is located.There is usually a fuse on this panel as well apart from the main fuse.Around 500~800mA.Maybe this fuse is blown.If it is soldered to the board you have to dismantle the whole board ,take it out,unsolder the old fuse & re-solder the new one.
Posted on Aug 22, 2010
There are fuses inside the microwave but why did it blow??? normaly it only blows if there is a fault in the unit first
Posted on Aug 22, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Make sure that the program controller is working if not check
power - step down supply, the pads are responding- if not faulty pads- or the
door switches, if the switch contact are not good then it will not trigger the
processor to switch on the waveguides. If the lights or fan work without any
display or action of program being triggered to start then it can be a possible
fault on the main board or the processor. Sometimes insect secretion can short
the board and display panel and so the processor can work in such an erratic
manner. If so clean, solder and reset the board. Now identify the parts by
clicking this link: http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/141/identifying-microwave-parts.html
If there is no heating
please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible
that the Magnetron is faulty, the temperature cut off is faulty or the main
capacitor is short. It is also quite possible that insect can get into the oven
and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make
the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron. Check this link to
know how a microwave works:
Jan 21, 2013 | GE Microwave Ovens
Aug 23, 2012 | Samsung SMH9151 Microwave Oven
Sep 18, 2011 | Kenmore 80822 80823 80824 80829 1500...
Sep 18, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Sep 15, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Jul 29, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jan 27, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Jul 27, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
102 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!