Question about Dell Inspiron 6400 Notebook
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1. boot to cd/dvd rom using the dell resource drivers utilities. you need to test the dvd drive if it is working, if yes, we might have 2 problems it might be the dvd installer or the hdd. run a test for the hdd to isolate the issue or you can try to run the installer to a diff computer to test if dvd installer is not faulty.
Posted on Oct 08, 2009
1. Go to support website
2. Click on Drivers and Downloads.
3. Click on Choose by Service Tag
4. Enter you Service Tag
5. Download the Audio Drivers and Install it after the download
Posted on Oct 16, 2009
if your getting your dell logo it means your disply is working fine
may be u r windows is not working properly just try to up-date your windows with any windows disk
Posted on Apr 25, 2010
When was the last time you used it, and were there any problems? To find the solution to this problem is a matter of elimination. You should check the following:
Step 1 - Power
- Try an alternative power adapter
- Try plugging in your laptop to an alternative power supply
WARNING - BEFORE PROCEEDING, PLEASE FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING SAFETY PRECAUTIONS!
1. REMOVE THE POWER ADAPTER FROM YOUR LAPTOP
2. REMOVE ALL PERIPHERALS
3. WEAR A WRIST-GROUNDING STRAP, AND CONNECT IT TO AN UNPAINTED, METAL SURFACE. IF ONE IS NOT AVAILABLE, TOUCH AN UNPAINTED METAL SURFACE TO DISCHARGE ANY STATIC FROM YOUR BODY
Step 2 - Remove and reset basic hardware items
Remove and reseat the items mentioned below in the order they're mentioned:
- AC adapter
- Hard drive
For instructions on how to do this, please refer to your user manual. If you no longer have it, you can download it from here: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1545/
If after following the above instructions, your laptop still doesn't turn on, I would recommend that you contact Dell customer support, which you can do by following this link: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dellcare/contact_technical_support?
I hope this helps. Please feel free to contact me if you require further assistance.
Posted on Apr 28, 2010
SOURCE: How do you change the
The easiest way to change wallpaper/desktop background is open the picture/photo, right-click and "Set as desktop background".
You can do it from the personalize options available in display settings. Right-click on the desktop, select "personalize" and click "Desktop Background" from the available lists and browse the picture/photo you want to set as desktop background.
If you need further help, let me know.
Thanks for using FixYa.
Posted on Aug 21, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 24, 2013 | Dell Computers & Internet
Feb 10, 2013 | Dell Red 15.6" Inspiron 1545 Laptop PC...
Aug 10, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 1545 Notebook
Jun 15, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 1545 Notebook
May 21, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 04, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Dec 12, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1545 Notebook
Nov 03, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Sep 26, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1545 Notebook
1,663 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: