Question about Samsung Televison & Video
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: i have a region 2
No. Region codes cannot be changed by the end user. Any attempt to change a region code may result in firmware damage. Firmware damage is not covered under warranty.
call your manufacturer for help so that you won't void the warranty
click this link for FAQ as well, click HERE
Posted on Aug 07, 2008
Region code hack posted by anindo_roy, January 09 2009:
I bought a Samsung DVD player 1080PK in Bangalore recently (Jan 2009) and initially it was coded only for region 5 (India). I went through the following steps (which were told to me by a Samsung technician) to make it region free. This steps match closely to the one posed by another viewer so I have retained the same format.
1) Turn on the player with no disc in the tray
2) Press the Open/Close button to open the tray
3) Press the info button, the firmware version shows up
4) After the version info disappears, close the tray again by pressing the Open/Close button
5) At this point, it will show "no disc" at the top. Press the Info button again, and this will disappear.
6) Locate the Repeat A-B button on the remote, which in my case was ‘9’
6) Now type the code that applies for your region (R5 (India) is 53814) followed by 9 (Repeat A-B button) and then press the Enter button. So enter 538149 and then Enter. A last few digits ‘4’ and '9' may briefly show up at the top left corner.
8) Power off the player, and turn it on again. You'll have a multi region player
Region Code for the 1080PK hack:
R1 - 29334
R2 - 57538
R3 - 56732
R4 - 76884
R5 - 53814
R6 - 24462
This worked for me after a couple of tries.
Posted on Jan 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 07, 2010 | Cyberhome CH-DVD 300 DVD Player
Sep 27, 2008 | Televison & Video
Aug 07, 2008 | Televison & Video
Sep 11, 2009 | Samsung DVD-VR375 DVD Recorder/VCR
Aug 30, 2009 | Samsung DVD-R155
Jun 20, 2009 | Samsung DVD-VR375 DVD Recorder/VCR
Feb 28, 2009 | Philips Televison & Video
Aug 23, 2008 | Samsung Televison & Video
Jun 05, 2008 | Jensen JR400 Remote Control
Jan 28, 2008 | Apex Digital AD-1110W DVD Player
Nov 15, 2017 | Samsung Televison & Video
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!