Question about Televison & Video

1 Answer

Verticle output ic

Where will I find this verticle output ic on my tv and what does it look like?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 8,617 Answers

Its a small black IC mounted to an aluminum heatsink on the tvs main circuit board

Posted on May 03, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Half of the TV screen went black with a bright white line splitting the screen horizontally.

it's eather your Verticle output ic ... i dont know what the part number is but shude be easy to look up ...... or maybe your yoak (this would not be normal) ..... i would bet on the IC and maybe some captors no way to know without changing out the ic and seeing

Feb 15, 2010 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-21CL10 21" TV

1 Answer

Dear sir have sony tv dr 29m93 and and have verticle sinc problem and menu displey not showing can u guid me for this problem

take the tv to a repair shop, a verticle problem is not a major one. verticle has a ic, a output capacitor electrolitic which can dry up, and a scan coil on the tube. on the scan coil we have 4 wires two wires go to a line trasfirmer for horizontal, and two to an ic via a capacitor and ground.
ask the tech check what i have told you.

Jan 05, 2010 | Sony KV-DR29M69 29" TV

1 Answer

Where is the verticle output IC on my 52 inch rca projection tv

if you remove the rear panel you will see the board on the far left has a large transformer with a large red HV cable coming out of it. Thats the flyback. Now look to the right side of that board in line with the flyback. The aluminum heat sink with the fins has the verticle IC. Its the first heatsink closest to where youre looking on the right side of the board with the flyback.

Dec 06, 2009 | RCA R52WM24 52" HDTV Projection Television

2 Answers

Picture folding over at top of screen

Verticle IC needs replaced and also the sodered connections could be bad at the high voltage transformer.

Oct 14, 2009 | Sanyo AVM-3659S 36" TV

1 Answer

When I run the Touch Focus , it ends Touch Focus Error, and the Red Verticle line does not move , the Horizontal is bent .. now tv is fuzzy?

This is a convergence output IC problem. convergence board would have to be removed - remove and replace 2 STK IC's and check the surrounding resistors. Shops usually charge between $200-$300

Sep 27, 2009 | Toshiba 42H82 42" Rear Projection...

2 Answers

Verticle black line

just on a whim I'd say you have vertical output IC circuits in distress.

can you say Warrenty :->

Jun 10, 2008 | Toshiba 42HP83 42 in. HD-Ready Plasma...

2 Answers

Followup question on the advice to pass on the $100 tv.

no its a DLP they are having some troubles with the dlps losing signal due to the digital board. verticle ICs only effect CRT projections by making the CRTs shutdown . Dlps are all controlled by the digital board. They are very expensive when you can find them. They are usually over 800 and need to be special orderd. I would pass on the TV. You can buy one cheaper than fix that

Mar 16, 2008 | Mitsubishi WD-52525 52" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

DS25390 Verticle foldover

If you have a picture but the top is folded over, your vertical IC is probably good and you need to replace the pump-up capacitor next to the IC. When the pump-up cap (typically a 47 or 100uF 35V cap) is open then the picture will have white lines and foldover at the top. The typical vertical output IC is the LA7838, but I am not familiar with exactly which output IC your set uses.

Jul 02, 2007 | Sanyo DS25390 TV

1 Answer

Sanyo DS25390 Vertical problem

Jack,Did the Vert Ic have Broken conns around the legs?

Jul 02, 2007 | Sanyo DS25390 TV

1 Answer


Most of the time when theres no picture on a mitsubishi projection set, theres no verticle sweep. Most likly cause is the verticle output IC or the b+ feeding the IC or Both. This is not a consermer replaceable parts. It could also be the PIP module if the set has one . Remember these sets have alot of hi-voltage even when the sets unplugged. Good Luck

Jun 22, 2006 | Mitsubishi VS-5059 50" Rear Projection...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Televison & Video Logo

Related Topics:

36 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74999 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

5300 Answers

Are you a Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides