Question about Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Hi there maximum time we found it is a the head problem. The print head is what the cartridges sit in inside of the printer. For resolve the problem please follow these.
Open the printer and wait for the carriage to slide over. Some how if its not come then Unplug the printer & Manually slide the carriage.
Now Remove the ink cartridges from the print head & Use wet warm cotton swab or use alcohol to thoroughly clean the print head.
Repeat this until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab. After finished it make the head dry then fix it back. Now Try to print something now
If that does not work then follow the next step.
Remove the printer data cable & restart the PC & printer. Then fit back the data cable & turn on the printer. Hope that's start working , if no luck then Uninstall the printer driver & restart the PC & Printer both again. Now install the driver of the printer and connect it with PC ,Turn on printer & go for a test print from the printer preference. Thanks & waiting for your reply.
Posted on Aug 21, 2010
Testimonial: "It worked. Thanks"
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 11, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 03, 2011 | Canon Computers & Internet
Feb 10, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP470 All-in-One Printer
Feb 09, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
Nov 09, 2009 | Brother DCP 115C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 06, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 09, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo RX700 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 11, 2008 | Lexmark X1150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
That flashing pattern is consistent with a stuck carriage. Here is a copy/paste from HP concerning the 5000 series and your flashing lights.
The print cartridge carriage is stuck.
1. Open the top access door on the printer.
2. Remove the ink cartridges.
3. Close the cartridge flaps after removing the ink cartridges.
4. Turn the printer off, then on again.
5. Replace the ink cartridges.
6. Close the top access door. Issue
The Resume light continues to blink after the cartridges are released.
The carriage is stuck or makes a grinding noise.
1. Lift the top cover to the printer.
2. Turn the printer off and then on again.
3. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer when the grinding noise starts. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
4. Move the carriage towards the middle of the printer (this procedure may take a couple of tries to get the timing correct).
5. Take out the cartridges and close the top cover.
6. Reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer. Plug the power cord to the wall outlet.
7. Open the top cover, reinstall the cartridges, and then close the top cover.
Oct 23, 2007 | HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
129 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!