Question about Bosch Washing Machines
Hello, welcome to FixYa.
The Bosch washers have always had an emergency door release, it is much easier to access on the new models though, they`ve placed it in the lower service panel.
Below I`ve attached my instructions for accessing the drain pump however, the latch release is located in the same place.
Once you`ve accessed the pump area via my instructions you`ll see a plastic "pull cord". If you pull it the door should unlock.
Let me know if you have nay trouble. Good luck.
**Unplug the washer from the wall or turn off the breaker at your service panel...safety first**
Start by removing the bottom front panel which provides access to the drain pump and manual door lock release.
1) Carefully lift and block (up with a 2x4 or egual block of some type) front of washer to provide access to screws along the bottom which are angled slightly.
2) Remove three (3) screws, then carefully slide panel down and away from washer.
3) You should now see the pump access filter to your right, as such...
4) The pump has a small tub connected to it which will allow you to try and drain the water from it before removing the filter.
5) The filter will unscrew counter clockwise...careful it likely has water in it. This is where a wet-dry shop-vac comes in handy....or a nearby floor drain.
6) Now pull out the trap and visually inspect the inside of the pump as well as the filter/trap. Hopefully you'll find the item/debris that initiated the error code.
7) After removing any debris or obstruction`s re-install the button trap/lint filter and plug the washer in to power or reset the breaker and give it a test.
8) Run a load and watch for leaks. Leave the pump access panel off until you are sure you screwed the cap in tight and there are no leaks.
Ultimately you may have a faulty drain pump, but I would certainly start by performing the things I listed first.
Let me know if you require further assistance and if not and this solves your problem, please rate the solution I provided accordingly.
Thank you for coming to "fixya" and good luck.
Posted on Aug 21, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 11, 2012 | Electrolux Washing Machines
Mar 11, 2012 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Sep 19, 2011 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Apr 30, 2011 | Bosch Washing Machines
Mar 22, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Dec 07, 2009 | GE WSXH208A Front Load Washer
Aug 05, 2009 | Frigidaire ATF6000ES Front Load Washer
248 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!