Question about HP - HP Photosmart 8250 printer
Black printer ink in HP Photosmart may fail to be recognized by the printer. Most times an error message will be sent indicating that something is wrong with the black print cartridge. Sometimes the printer may accept to print with the black ink, but the printouts may have horizontal lines and very illegible letters. In such a case a manual cleaning of the print head should be carried out. In doing the manual cleaning, one should spray Windex heavily on paper towel and wipe off the surface of the print head.
Posted on Oct 13, 2010
You should try this procedure
1. Press and hold the “*” key.
2. Press the “#” key and release both keys.
3. Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
4. Press and release in sequence the “1”, “2” and “3” buttons.
5. Screen should say “support” R0631M”
6. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”.
7. Press and release the “OK” button.
8. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
9. Press and release the “OK” button.
10. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
11. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
12. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
13. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
14. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
15. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK. The Printer
will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
Let me know if this fix your problem.
Thank you for using Fixya.
Posted on Aug 21, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 26, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 31, 2010 | HP Photosmart C7180 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 30, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6280 Printer
Jul 23, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 05, 2009 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 14, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 27, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 12, 2008 | HP Officejet 6310 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 22, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
114 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!