Question about Dell Dimension 5100 (D51L1) PC Desktop
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Computer fails to start
I'm reasonably sure that it is a bulging or bad capacitor issue. We have had Dell replace a large number of motherboards on SX270 and GX270 computers, due to underpowered or counterfeit capacitors on a large batch purchased back in 2005. The capacitors swell or burst until the computer will not turn on anymore. You'll get the amber light inside the unit, plus a green light on the power supply, but the computer will not power up. You can try the solder technique, but you'd be better off replacing the system board, if possible. Happy trails!
Posted on Nov 28, 2007
Don't Worry we can fix this this problem.
This seems to be no power issue.
Just mail your email address and number to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Mar 08, 2009
1. Remove All External Devices
2. Check the Computer's Power LED
3. If the power LED has not changed unplug the Power Cable From the Computer Disconnect All Hard Drive Power and Data Cables and power on the computer. If still no go.
4. Remove All PCI, PCI-E, and AGP Expansion Cards .
5. Remove All Memory From the Computer
6. Reseat the ATX and 12-Volt Connections . The ATX connector will be a 4 pin square connector connecting to the motherboard from the power supply and the 12-Volt Connection would be the biggest connector with a lot of colored wires.
7. If still no go.
8. Disconnect the Power Connection to the Chassis Fan
9. If the light still flashes then it could be a power supply or motherboard failure. Try a good know power supply first and if that does not fix the problem it is the motherboard. Also check the back of the tower for 4 lights lables ABCD or 1234.
Rate if useful.
Posted on Aug 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 19, 2017 | Dell Inspiron 5100 Notebook
Nov 05, 2010 | Dell Dimension 5100 (D51L1) PC Desktop
Sep 03, 2010 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Mar 01, 2010 | Dell Dimension E510 Dual Core 2.8 Ghz...
Jan 28, 2010 | Dell Dimension 5100 (D51L1) PC Desktop
Jun 28, 2009 | Dell Dimension 5100 (D51L1) PC Desktop
May 10, 2009 | Dell Dimension 5100 (D51L1) PC Desktop
Apr 12, 2008 | Dell Dimension 5100 (D51L1) PC Desktop
Mar 31, 2008 | Dell Dimension 5100 (D51L1) PC Desktop
Dec 15, 2007 | Dell Dimension 5100 (D51L1) PC Desktop
145 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!