Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
All you can change is the language and this will not change the tip of cartridges that it uses...try to refil the original ones..and after that to reset the counter for them if it do not sees them ...or ..order the same ones from ebay ..if they are not available in Australia ...cause if it is made for certain tip of cartridges it will work only with them ..
another thing that you can do is to adapt to work with a Ciss unit ..like in this link ..
this is an external feeding unit that adapts in the cartridges area..and are refillable and last much more..and with a better percentage for use..
here some models of cartridges on ebay ..
the european model..
here the 177 Im not sure if it is the same with the European ..but I know that the European one is not 02 and not fits the American 02 model..
Posted on Aug 22, 2010
You will need to contact HP and have a regionalization reset performed. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while conversing with HP and will need a set of new cartridges as the old cartridges will no longer work after the reset. There should not be any charge for the regionaloization reset, it is covered by the cartridge warranty.
How ever if you want to try please follow these steps:
1. Press * and # keys to bring up the "Mfg Commands" screen. I assume this is only used by HP service staff.
2. The "Mfg Commands" screen asks you to "Enter special key combo" which is 123 then press ok
3. Use the right arrow key to step through the menus until you find the "special Reports" menu then press ok.
4. Use the right arrow key again to find the "print Cartridges" menu and press ok
5. This will print out a page with numbers ranging from 11. to 74. This page will print regardless of the print cartridges in the printer and whether they are valid print cartridges.
6. The numbers of interest to HP support will be 11,21,25,52,62
7. They will use the above information to generate a new set of five lots of 4 numbers.
8. You will need to enter the 5 lots of 4 numbers onto a windows PC which has the HP drivers installed.
9. On a windows PC with HP drivers installed open notepad and select print to bring up the printer dialog .
10. click on "preferences" in the print dialog window to open the HP preferences dialogue.
11. Holding down the control key double click the HP icon in the bottom left corner of the preferences dialogue to open a service maintenance menu which will allow you to enter 5 lots of 4 digit numbers which HP staff will provide.
12. once you have entered the 5 lots of 4 numbers and press ok a data file is sent to the printer which changes its region settings.
13. You then have to switch the printer off for about 1 minute then back on again and your new cartridges should now be valid.
Posted on Aug 21, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 17, 2013 | HP Deskjet 1050A All-In-One Printer
Aug 29, 2011 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 27, 2011 | HP Deskjet 6940 InkJet Printer
Jan 04, 2011 | HP Photosmart C4180 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 22, 2009 | HP Photosmart 3310 Printer
Apr 25, 2009 | HP Photosmart 3210 Printer
Apr 06, 2009 | HP Photosmart 3310 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 09, 2008 | HP Deskjet 6940 InkJet Printer
Mar 24, 2008 | HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One InkJet...
369 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!