Question about Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Welcome to FixYa.
The "F21" on your model of washer indicates the machine has detected a fault or obstruction in the drain process.
Chances are the pump is being obstructed by debris or some other foreign object as opposed to being faulty, although that can`t be ruled out...yet.
Here`s how to check it and clean it...
**Turn off the breaker at the service panel or unplug the washer from the wall socket...safety first**
1) locate the screws in front at the very bottom of the panel below the door and pull the panel down and forward until it is off. They will be either 1/4" hex head or #20 torx head screws.
2) You will immediately see the drain pump in front of you with a large removeable filter. ( **see image below...this is were a wet-dry shop vac and towels come in handy, also the use of the removed panel as a catch pan is beneficial...but you may still get wet )
3) Turn it counter-clockwise should allow you to remove it and inspect it and clean it out. Make a good thorough inspection inside the pump as well not just the removeable filter.
4) Re-insert the filter and before placing the panel back run a test rinse/drain cycle to inspect for leaks and to varify the unit drains and spins now.
( If the problem still exist`s the "F21" will re-appear. If so you`ll need to check the drain hose, hose from pump to tub for other obstructions ).
5) If all appears OK after your efforts, well your efforts paid off...pat yourself on the back. You just saved yourself potentially a hundred bucks !
Now You should be good to go. Re-attach the lower panel and you`re back in business.
**NOTE: if this still fails to remedy the F21 or if it returns immediately during the next drain you will likely require pump unfortunately...part # 280187 available at "searspartsdirect.com" "repairclinic.com" etc.
Let me know how it goes and if you require further assistance.
Thanks for choosing FixYa. Please take a moment to rate the solution provided for you here today.
Posted on Aug 21, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 20, 2012 | General Electric Mechanical Timer, 120...
Sep 23, 2011 | Raindrip R673CT Digital Water Timer
Jul 17, 2011 | Electric Intermatic Wh 21 Water Heater...
Feb 18, 2011 | Electric Intermatic Wh 21 Water Heater...
Sep 28, 2010 | Hotpoint 24 in. BF72 Built-in Dishwasher
Sep 13, 2010 | Electric Intermatic Wh 21 Water Heater...
Jun 04, 2010 | Paragon Hardware & Accessories
Nov 20, 2009 | Taylor Hardware & Accessories
Sep 05, 2009 | Electric Intermatic Wh 21 Water Heater...
Jun 12, 2009 | Electric Intermatic Wh 21 Water Heater...
25 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: