Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
The most common reason for the game not reading discs is a bad drive. The following website sells the drives and does installs:
This drive should fix any reading issues you are having with your games, or issues inserting your games or ejecting them (or lack thereof). This is the entire DVD drive assembly mechanism replacement for your Game including a new laser. If your discs are not ejecting, or you cannot insert a disc -- or you can insert a disc but it will not load, this is what you need to get your game going again!
You can also try the steps below. Its from PlayStation Forum:
1. Turn off Playstation®3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION®3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION®3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION®3 System
If the above steps still does not solve the problem, then I think will have to update your Ps3.
Update your PS3 (in the settings menu the 1st option).
Go on the internet browser on the PS3 then go on the menu press triangle then on one of them there are delete cookies and the delete the others as
well as cookies.
You could also try this as well: put the PS3 on then press the eject button (with no disc in) then hold it and switch the PS3 off at the back with
your finger on the eject button still holding it, then put it back on and the fan test should be working this may cool it down. It might be over heating.
But if your problem is not still solved, then maybe you should call sony for further assistance.
Posted on Aug 20, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 08, 2017 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jun 16, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 17, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 14, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 03, 2008 | Sony PlayStation® 3 (60 GB) Console
288 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!