Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
If the audio function is not working properly on your PS3, there are several steps you can take to properly fix these problems quickly at home without sending it out to Sony and paying over $100 for repairs. Here are some simple troubleshooting steps to help you identify what may be causing your PS3 audio problems and fix them.
1) If you have no sound at all, you should check and make sure that the mute button has not been pressed on the television remote. This may sound like an obvious thing to check, but you would be surprised how often this is the cause of no sound issues with the PS3.
2) Next, make sure all your audio cables are properly connected between the TV and the PS3. A simple loose cable can cause sound issues as well.
3) Check the audio settings for your Playstation 3 and make sure they are properly set and also set correctly for the type of television you are using (HDTV versus standard).
4) Check and make sure the disc you are using is not copy protected or otherwise unsuitable for use in your PS3. Try another disc if you are unsure.
5) Make sure that you are using the correct cables to connect your TV to your Playstation 3. If you have recently changed the cables you are using, this can often be the source of the problem.
If none of these five steps work, you may still be able to fix your PS3 at home with the help of a good PS3 home repair guide
Posted on Aug 20, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 19, 2013 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
ress and hold the power button until
the systems shuts off. (wait 2 seconds)
Press and hold the power button again
until you here 3 beeps. Let go.
It should ask you to connect your
controller via usb and press the PS button in
the middle of your controller. There
will be a menu with 6 options. Try 2-5.
Jan 21, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Apr 02, 2009 | Nintendo Wii Console
Mar 12, 2009 | Sony PlayStation® 3 (60 GB) Console
Dec 26, 2007 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
71 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!