Question about Bissell Vacuums
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Bissell Healthy Home Vacumn
On the Healthy Homes Vac, did you check the switch for the vac, there are 2 on the handle, and the one could be open. Check the wiring at the motor, could even be the motor itself. If at the motor there is a thermostat, it could be bad, but comes with the motor.
Posted on Jan 06, 2008
SOURCE: Bissell Healthy Home
I had the same issue after using it daily for over a year. I checked everything and found no clog. I brought it to a vacuum cleaner repair center and they found a clog in the motor. It cost me $25 and was well worth it. I love this vacuum
Posted on Mar 01, 2008
SOURCE: Bissell Healthy Home Vacuum
easy fix- mine did this too for a while bfore I figured out the handle wasn't aligning properly where attached. Give it a smack to realign it and it works again
Posted on Jun 08, 2009
The next thing that you need to do is replace the belt. Even if it's not cracked or worn, many times it's too loose, and it won't turn to rotor efficiently.
Believe it or not, just replacing the belt may be all that you need to do!
Posted on Jul 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 26, 2014 | Bissell Healthy Home HEPA Bagless Upright...
Here's a quick link to assist you in locating one in your area:
Apr 05, 2013 | Bissell Healthy Home HEPA Bagless Upright...
Apr 20, 2012 | Vacuums
- Make sure the power cord is plugged into a functioning outlet to check for power.
- The handle may not be installed properly, causing a loss in the power connection. Remove the handle completely. Slide the handle back into place on the lower section of handle and tighten the screw.
- With the machine turned off and unplugged, check the pre-motor filter and the Airetight™ HEPA filter for debris. Reduced air flow from dirty filters or clogs will put greater stress on the motor, increasing the possibility for overheating. The pre-motor filter is located underneath the canister of the vacuum in the pull out tray labeled "filter". This may be hand washed in cold water with mild detergent. Reinstall this filter when it is completely dry. The Airetight™ HEPA filter cartridge needs to be replaced and cannot be washed. This is located on the side of the machine inside the filter grill.
NOTE: Ensure the machine is turned off and is unplugged before checking the following.
DIRT CUP AREA
- Empty the dirt cup. Remove the lower portion of the cup and clean the screen and check the center tubes for dirt accumulation.
- Check the dirt inlet. This is the opening located behind the canister and is only visible once the canister is taken off the machine.
- Detach the hose from the machine by twisting the hose collar counterclockwise. Push a broomstick into the hose to push any obstruction to the end of the hose where it can be removed.
- Check the clear diverter area at the back of the machine. When the hose wand is removed from the base, the diverter should be in the up position. If a clog is visible near the diverter, remove the divertor cover by removing 7 screws and clear the obstruction.
NOTE: Be careful not to dislodge the gasket.
- Recline the machine back and roll it over so the backside is facing up. Remove the bottom 4 screws from the diverter cover to loosen, and straighten the foot hose. Look through the hose for obstructions. Push a broomstick through the lower hose to unclog this. (Any obstruction should exit through the suction path at the brush roller).
NOTE: The Healthy Home Vacuum is equipped with a Thermal Protector feature to prevent the motor from overheating. If the motor becomes too warm, the thermal Protectors will activate and the machine will shut off automatically. If the Thermal Protectors activate, please do the following:
- Turn off and unplug the vacuum. Thermal Protectors will reset automatically in approximately 30 minutes.
- Clear any clogs.
If you continue to experience no power, please take your machine to a local BISSELL Authorized Service Center. BISSELL supports your machine with a five year warranty.
To locate your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center, please go to www.bissell.com. Click on the Customer Support tab near the top of the homepage and enter your zip code in the Service Center locator box to perform your search.
Aug 27, 2010 | Bissell 16N5 Upright Vacuum
Jan 31, 2010 | Bissell 5770 Healthy Home Bagless Upright...
Jan 09, 2010 | Bissell 5770 Healthy Home Bagless Upright...
Nov 18, 2009 | Bissell Healthy Home HEPA Bagless Upright...
Oct 23, 2009 | Bissell 5770 Healthy Home Bagless Upright...
Jul 06, 2009 | Bissell 5770 Healthy Home Bagless Upright...
Dec 26, 2008 | Bissell 5770 Healthy Home Bagless Upright...
37 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!