Question about Memorex MMP8565 MP3 Player
HI. This unit has internal memory(1gb) that can become unstable, thus, causing start up issues. With that said; This will most likely be a dead cell(battery). I would replace the battery with a new one if it is over 1 years old. This lithium cell may be defective. Once you have purchased a new battery, be sure to charge it fully before using the player. It takes three whole hours to set a newly purchased lithium cell. Once that is done, power up the player and update your firmware. Use the steps below to update properly:
1. Download the updated firmware at www.memorexelectronics.com.
2. Unzip the file, then double click setup.exe in the Desktop folder to install the software to your computer.
3. Connect the player to the computer using the supplied USB cable and the installation screen will appear. (If the installation screen does not appear, unplug the USB cable and turn off the unit). Connect to the computer again and press and hold the Power On/Off/Stop button until the installation screen appears.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
5. When finished, click START and locate the newly installed software “Deco” andselect “Firmware Download”.
Now, after the update, you will need to reformat the player. Use the steps below to achieve this:
1. Use the USB cable to connect the player and the computer.
2. Double click on My Computer, then right click "MPT Player", "MMP8565"or "Removable Disk" and left click on"Format".
3a. For "MPT Player" or "MMP8565", at the "Format" window, click OK to confirm and the player will start to format . When
finished, click "OK" to close the Format window.
3b. For "Removable Disk", at the "Format" window, select "FAT 32" from the file system pull-down menu, then click "Start" to format the unit
Posted on Aug 20, 2010
Testimonial: "It's probably easier to buy a new one.... "
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 10, 2010 | Memorex MMP8565 MP3 Player
Oct 30, 2009 | Memorex MMP8565 MP3 Player
Nov 19, 2008 | Memorex MMP8565 MP3 Player
Aug 07, 2008 | Memorex MMP8565 MP3 Player
Jun 04, 2008 | Memorex MMP8565 MP3 Player
Mar 01, 2008 | Memorex MMP8565 MP3 Player
Nov 30, 2007 | Memorex MMP8565 MP3 Player
641 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: