Maytag Epic Gas Dryer
This error code below would be indicated when attempting to start a drying cycle, or after activating the diagnostic test mode.
- flashes if the thermistor is open.
The machine control electronics monitors the exhaust temperture using the thermistor, and cycles the heater relay on and off to maintain desired temperature.
Begin with an empty dryer and a clean lint screen.
Door - must be firmly closed Press CONTROL ON Press CYCLE END SIGNAL (Loud) Press HOLD TO START
- Plug in dryer or reconnect power.
- Set the following configuration:
3. If after 60 seconds, E1 or E2 flashes in the display and the dryer shuts off, the thermistor or wire harness is either shorted or open.
NOTE: All thermistor resistance measurements must be made while dryer is unplugged or disconnected from power.
- Unplug dryer or disconnect power
- Check wire connection at the machine control electronics and thermistor.
- If wire connections are good, remove the two wires from the thermistor and replace the thermistor.
- Plug in dryer or reconnect power
Thermistor resistance: 10 Celsius ----- 19-22 kOhm
16 C ------------ 15-17 kOhm
21 C ------------- 11.5-13.5 kOhm
27 C ------------- 8.5-10.5 kOhm
32 C ------------- 6.8-8.8 kOhm
38 C ------------- 5-7 kOhm
If E1 or E2 doesn't flash in the display, the connections to the thermistor are good. Therefore, check exhaust temperature value at any or all of the temperature levels.
Hold a glass bulb thermometer capable of reading from 32 to 82 Celsius (90-180 F) in the center of the exhaust outlet.
Table below shows correct exhaust temperatures: