Question about Swanstone Home

1 Answer

Swanstone sink with chip near the faucet but on the edge near the bowl. ANyway to patch this...a filler so to speak?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 67 Answers

Unfortunately Swanstone does not have a repair kit for this type of damage. The chip will be permanant. They do offer a limited lifetime warranty which if a defect is found they will repair or replace at their discretion. Of course you will be responsible for any labour cost as per their warranty and they do not go into any detail on how to repair impact damage. For more information go to

Posted on Aug 21, 2010

  • bstnh1
    bstnh1 Jan 28, 2014

    Swanstone DOES indeed have a "patch kit" available. I spoke with a Swanstone rep today (1/28/14) and he is sending me one to repair my kitchen ksink.


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

Replacing sink with new swans tone

being a plumber for 50 years I hate the new fittings . I still use plumbers mate = and boss white , with silicone under faucets .

Feb 09, 2014 | Swanstone QZLS-3322 Granite Large/Small...

1 Answer

How would the swanstone kssb-3322-015 black galaxy look with black galaxy countertop? Thanks!

They will always look great with any back ground of counter top due to their unique look and under slab mounting.........Great choice........Hope this helps.

Apr 19, 2011 | Swanstone KSLS-3322 Double Bowl Kitchen...

1 Answer

My Swanstone sink is sixteen years old and still in very good condition except for a small chip. The sink is a cream color with black and white specks. Is there any way to repair the sink?

You should be able to have a competent repair or restoration specialist from a reputable granite or marble fabrication shop come to your home and fix the problem. If it is a very small chip (less than an eighth of an inch around, my first try would be super glue. Keep in mind the fill will be fairly clear in color, which may match the dark specks, if not use an indelible marker after you smooth the glue to color it black. Use the gel type super glue if it is on a vertical portion of the sink, otherwise use a thinner variety. Clean the chip with sop and water, let it dry then use rubbing alcohol to remove any grease or oil residue. Use a masking type tape to isolate the chip so you have less work once the glue dries. Fill the chip and once the glue is dry, use a single edge razor (Use extreme caution, razors are by nature sharp) to gently scrape, not cut the glue flush to the sink surface. The manufacturers of these sinks claims they are difficult to scratch, but pay attention to your pressure or you might create scratches on the sink itself. Hold the blade perpendicular to the surface of the sink and take your time scraping the dried glue down changing to a fresh blade often. If the chip is in a radius area of the sink, you will have to be a bit more creative and probably use steel wool to remove the excess dried glue. I would start with #000 and see how that works, maybe using #00 to start the process and finish with #000 or #0000 steel wool to match the finish of your sink. If your chip is larger than an eighth of an inch around, I would recommend hiring a repair and restoration specialist from a competent granite fabrication shop to make a color matched epoxy to fill the blemish.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me, Brandon Wiese - -

Mar 25, 2011 | Swanstone KSDB-3322 Double Bowl Kitchen...

1 Answer

Chipped on top inner edge

I am going to assume you want a way to fix the chip.

This product is a fiberglass material and can be fixed like a fiberglass car and then painted. If you have ever done this type of work it is not too bad if not then I would take it to an auto body shop and go from there. However I would get a bid from them first as it may be less money to buy a new one. The big problem will be matching the color if it is part of a complete bath combo.

If you decide to do this yourself the colors of fixture paints are very limited were as a body and paint shop can mix up any color you desire.

There is always caulking but that will always show.

Sorry but there is no easy way around this situation.

Mar 04, 2011 | Swanstone MF1F Veritek Single Bowl Laundry...

1 Answer

I have a lovely Swanstone kitchen sink that got a chip in it about a quarter of an inch down. My son sanded it according to directions and then filled it. The only trouble is the filler darkened slightly...

if the filler can be easily removed then it wasn't cleaned and dried properly.

try it again, be sure to remove ALL the sanding dust from the surface and inside the chipped area.

be sure to get the correct color, some colrs are close, but slightly different when dry

Jul 23, 2010 | Swanstone KSLS-3322 Double Bowl Kitchen...

1 Answer

I have a composit kitchen with knock outs for 4 faucets. How do I knock them out?

Do NOT try to knock them out! The correct way is to drill them out as needed for your particular faucet. Refer to your installation instructions for your faucet to determine which holes need to be drilled out. There is a school of thought that it is best to drill them all and use a hole cover on those you don't use since once the sink is installed you will no longer be able to drill them at exactly factory locations.

You will need a 1-3/8" hole saw (my preference is Lenox brand # 30022), an arbor (a special drill bit for the hole saw Lenox brand # 2L), and preferably a varible speed drill.

Turn your sink upside down and place onto a clean padded surface to protect the finish and is also a padding that you can bear to throw away. Locate the center of the hole to be drilled. If there is no dimple from the manufacturer at dead center, you will have to give it your best guess. Mark that spot and with the arbor securely mounted into the hole saw, begin drilling at 1/4 to 1/2 speed of the drill, until the tip of the arbor had drilled completely through. Remove the hole saw and turn the sink right side up. The hole that the arbor made in now called a pilot hole and will guide your hole saw perfectly. By drilling from the top side you eliminate any chipping. Insert arbor into the pilot hole and begin drilling using light to moderate pressure until the hole saw has drilled through. Be careful! As you sense you are nearly through the drilling, only use light pressure so you don't lose control of the drill when the saw pops through and accidentally smack your sink.

May 31, 2010 | Swanstone KSDB-3120 Compact Double Bowl...

1 Answer


yes you need 1 1/8 in hole saw,for granite.Also need a squirt bottle to keep the bit wet,try to google ,DIY they might have a video on this .

Apr 12, 2010 | Swanstone KSDB-3120 Compact Double Bowl...

2 Answers

Bowl dropped in Swanstone sink caused a Y shaped crack, through.

that is a lot of work...why not just replace the sink?

Mar 26, 2009 | Swan Home

Not finding what you are looking for?
Home Logo

Related Topics:

784 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Swanstone Home Experts

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

5099 Answers

Gene Haynes

Level 3 Expert

5089 Answers

Tony Crow

Level 3 Expert

548 Answers

Are you a Swanstone Home Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides