Question about D-Link DI-634M Wireless Router (DI634M)
Refer to p.14 of the manual.
There it has the illustration. You will want to choose to enable the WEP encryption. Then you make a key in the key section. use numbers and letter to make your own key. Then when you try and connect to the wireless network that is the key you will need to put in to gain access to the network and your network will be secure. If you have any questions or need further assistance please let me know.
Posted on Aug 20, 2010
When you log in to the router, in the first tab (You should already be here by default after login), click on "Wireless" and use the following settings for greatest security:
1) SSID - Set an SSID, this can be any phrase that you like.
2) SSID Broadcast - Here you can use either of the settings. If you enable, any device will be able to detect the unit and then they just need to type your WEP key to gain access. If you disable, nobody, including yourself will be able to find the network as the SSID is hidden, instead your network will come up as "Other Network", you will then need to enter the SSID and WEP key to gain access.
3) Security mode - WEP
4) Authentication - Shared Key
5) WEP Encryption - Choose 64 bit
6) WEP Key 1 - Set a phrase that you will easily remember as you will need to use this on all the devices that connect to your network.
7) WPA Mode - WPA2
8) Cipher Type - TKIP
9) Passphrase - Type a passphrase and then confirm it
Thank you for using FixYa! Have a great day and please remember to rate this solution.
Posted on Aug 20, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 22, 2011 | D-Link DI-634M Wireless Router (DI634M)
Apr 01, 2010 | D-Link DI-634M Wireless Router (DI634M)
Dec 31, 2009 | D-Link DI-634M Wireless Router (DI634M)
Nov 13, 2009 | D-Link DI-634M Wireless Router (DI634M)
Jun 21, 2009 | D-Link DI-634M Wireless Router (DI634M)
Apr 14, 2009 | D-Link DI-634M Wireless Router (DI634M)
Mar 10, 2009 | D-Link DI-634M Wireless Router (DI634M)
Nov 19, 2008 | D-Link DI-634M Wireless Router (DI634M)
Mar 28, 2008 | D-Link DI-634M Wireless Router (DI634M)
Jan 21, 2008 | Computers & Internet
183 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: