Question about Mtd LAWN MOWER PART # 753-0698 KIT-DECK 42" NEW S
I KNOW THAT YOURE GOING TO HAVE TO REPLACE ALL THE BELTS EVENTUALLY. SO HERE IS A STEP BY STEP ON HOW TO REPLACE THEM.
1. Lower the moving deck.
2. Remove the belt guard from the top of the mower deck.
3. Disengage the mower drive belt
4. Turn the machine on it's side(the right side)
5. Use an impact wrench with a 5/8" socket and remove the bolt
6. Grasp the rear of the mower deck and swing down the front to get it out of the way so that you can remove the pulley
7. Pull the pulley assembly down
8. Slide the new belt over the top of the axle and place it on the upper of the two pulleys(the mower deck goes on the lower pulley)
9 Slide the pulley assembly into the engine shaft
10. Alighn the pulley slot with the slot on the engine shaft and install the square key.
11. Install the washer, lock, and bolt that you removed in step five.
Now phocus on the variable speed pulley assembly the two pulley assembly that is up against the back of the frame. Its held in place by a bolt that goes through the frame. You have to remover this pulley to get to the belt. The belt that you have just replaced goes into the top of the pulley. Now replace the pulley assembly and tighten it. Route the new belt around the pulley and youre done
Posted on Aug 19, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 13, 2018 | Kia Cars & Trucks
on Feb 02, 2014 | Bosch Belt Sander Drive Belt For Pbs 7a,...
Jan 01, 2016 | Hotpoint Dryers
Jul 23, 2014 | COMPASS 2008 AUTOMATIC REMOTE ONE WAY...
Jul 04, 2014 | Mtd Garden
Dec 29, 2013 | Nordic Track NordicTrack T6.3 Treadmill
Fig. Accessory drive belt routing - 2.4L engines
1. Install the drive belt to the accessory drive pulley.
2. Rotate the drive belt tensioner clockwise.
3. Install the drive belt to the alternator.
4. Ensure the drive belt is properly aligned and seated into the grooves of the accessory drive pulleys.
5. Slowly release the drive belt tensioner
6. Install the engine splash shield.
7. Lower the vehicle.
Dec 22, 2010 | 2005 Hyundai Sonata
Jun 01, 2009 | 1997 Ford Taurus
Feb 10, 2009 | 1998 Ford Windstar
273 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: