Question about KitchenAid KCMS1555RSS Stainless Steel Microwave Oven
The magnetron (the part that heats the food) may be bad or the circuitry to the magnetron may have burned out. Basically my advice is that if you have no electrical expertise, it isn't worth fixing. The magnetron if bad, costs almost as much as a new microwave. If you open it up (make sure it has been unplugged for a few hours and don't seen any obvious burnt parts (including a fuse and the diodes), then most likely the magnetron is done and a new microwave is the way to go.
Let me know how this works out for you.
Posted on Aug 20, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 21, 2012 | Magic Chef Microwave Ovens
Feb 24, 2010 | Emerson MW8102SS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
May 20, 2009 | Sharp R-1880LS 850 Watts Microwave Oven
May 04, 2009 | Kenmore 63252 Microwave Oven
Apr 26, 2009 | Whirlpool MH7140XF Microwave Oven
Jan 02, 2009 | Sharp R-242 Microwave Oven
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: