Question about Acer Crystal Eye webcam
As per the ACER website there are two drivers for your model of laptop (Chicony and Suyin)... which one is yours? If you are not sure, I suggest you uninstall the Acer Crystal Eye and try this driver http://download.cnet.com/Acer-Crysta...html?tag=mncol
I see that this is a pretty common problem. My camera stopped working for me this morning too. When I tried to install the drivers from erecovery, it told me to plug in the camera before it would continue with the install. Well because it is an on-board camera (I'm sure you know), I couldn’t plug it in. I searched (like all of you) to find a fix when I found this forum. I didn’t find a fix anywhere else, but luckily I have a genius for a boyfriend and this is what he had me do!
These are the steps below, but they are a little paraphrased because when I realized we had fixed it, I didn’t want to go back into the driver wizard. They are very user friendly (I did it!!) and therefore very thorough.
1. Download the Acer drivers and save on your computer. *Make sure you unzip the folder and know where that is being saved as well.
2. Go into “Device Manager” and there should be an "Unknown Device" listed under the USB Devices. The “Unknown Device” should be the camera.
3. Right click the device and "Update Drivers"
4. The drivers Wizard should pop up and will ask you if you want to find the driver through windows. It will more than likely give you 4 choices, I selected "Do not connect to windows update at this time"
5. Next it will ask you if you have an installation disk and if you do to put it in the proper drive. Click “Advanced” and it will give you an option to select the folder to install drivers from. Click “Browse” and select the unzipped folder
*Remember you needed to know where you saved this file
6. You will probably have to click through your folder a few times before the "Ok" button is available to click. (Please be patient, I made the mistake my first time trying this and ended up opening too many folders and missing the correct one. It will allow you to click "Ok" when you are in the right spot)
7. The wizard will do it's thing and will give you a message once it's done that reads something like "Windows could not update the device because of software.. something or other”. It will state that if you want to use this software for the device click finished. Please click “Finish”...I was hesitant the first time I tried and ended up going through more work and frustration before I decided to do this step again.
8. Once the wizard closes, reboot your computer. Once windows restarts go to "My Computer" and you will see "Acer Crystal Eye Webcam", Open this icon and your camera should be back up and running. I really hope this helps you all out!
Posted on Aug 20, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 28, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Dec 30, 2010 | Umax AstraPix PC100 Webcam
Access the main menu of your Aspire 1, and click on the "Start" menu at the bottom of the screen
Click on "All Programs" from the list of options, and then select "Acer Arcade Delux."
Choose the "DV Wizard" option once the menu appears. Wait for the program to load.
Select "Acer Crystal Eye Webcam" from the main menu of DV Wizard. Now an image capture screen will appear on your desktop.
Position the Acer so you are framed clearly in the image capture screen. The webcam is built into the computer with the lens at the top of the screen, so you will have to move the entire laptop to find the right angle. Also, adjust the lighting near you for optimum picture quality.
Go to the tool bar in the lower left hand corner of the computer screen to access the functions of the webcam. If you would like to record, highlight the box icon with the red dot in the middle and the word "Record" will appear over it.
Click the "Record" icon to record video with the webcam. You can also choose "Pause" and "Stop" from the same tool bar. To use video messaging, access your online messenger. Whether it's AOL, MSN or any other messenger service, the program will detect the webcam. All you need to do is enable the video messaging by clicking on the webcam box.
Dec 15, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jul 14, 2017 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Aug 19, 2010 | Acer Crystal Eye webcam
Aug 04, 2010 | Acer Aspire 3610 Notebook
Apr 02, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5720 6497 Laptop
Feb 20, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5735 Notebook
Feb 07, 2009 | Acer Aspire 6920 Notebook PC
109 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: